Featured Post

WOYWW # 773

It is Wednesday so  I am linking  to the  Stamping Ground Follow the link to find out more about  What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday  an...

Monday 16 December 2013

Big Crafting!

I am going to share this for a second time on Elizabeth's Second on the Second - although in Australia we are now well into the 3rd...


During the last 7 or 8 years, while my husband and I lived in Abu Dhabi,
we were involved in Abu Dhabi Dramatic Society.


We did perform on stage but our main occupation for ADDS was backstage, providing props and set building...

I thought I would share some of our favourite makes!!

This year's pantomime has just been performed in Abu Dhabi - without us! -
 but that made me think about last year.
This picture shows me ironing some fabric to start making the coach for Cinderella.


And here is the finished article - a sort of stretch-limo kind of coach. Pulled of course by a camel - we WERE in Abu Dhabi! And this is where Kevin and I were involved again!!




We often needed puppets or props made from papier mache for the pantos.






But I was very pleased with this 'scissors in the back' prop that I made for one play...



...and I loved doing this 'big stamping' for the set of another!



Some of our favourite FX used dry ice - here we have 'smoking shoes'!


I wish I could find the video of our tightrope walker...a stuffed pair of pink tights wearing ballet shoes 'walked' across a tight rope! All done with fishing wire!

But this had to be our finest hour...the pantomime shark which Kevin and I both got inside and frightened the kids!!



Happy Crafting!!






1 comment:

  1. Oh Susan, I absolutely ADORE your second look, which of course, is a first look for me. I really LOVED the scissors in the back and the shark, but the camel pulling the stretch limo camper had me rolling on the floor. Simply wonderful post. I'm truly delighted you chose to share this with us as your second look on the 2nd, although it's also the 3rd here, now too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.