Pages

Thursday, 20 March 2014

Thoughtful Thursday

I have just written a post for Blue Moon Crafting Station

in advance of the next challenge at Get Inky! (using circle punches).

I had been thinking about Spring - the colours and flowers!

Here in India, Vasant Utsav or Holi  is celebrated with fervour. This Spring Festival starts from 17th of March for 15 days. It's a festival of colours & flowers.


The practice is to throw different dyes and water at people!! The kids love it!

The Indian colours of Spring are like these:



Anyway I made this wreath out of ribbons using the colours I think of as Spring-like:


It consists of 6 inch lengths of ribbon tied onto a metal frame made of 4 rings.

I then thought about using the same technique for card embellishments. Using a 1 inch circle punch I cut a hole from a thick card. I then used a 1 3/8in circle punch to cut around this hole to make a ring. 
I then made the following 'flowers', one with ribbons, one with thread.
I think the one with thread has more of the Indian Spring colours.


I then used some Get Inky Stamps and the 1 3/8 circle punch to make 'faces' for my 'flowers'


I intend using one of these for my DT card for the next Get Inky! Challenge - follow my blog to see it soon!

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!