Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Saturday 3 May 2014

Get Inky! Challenge Inspiration

Hello there - have you arrived here from the Blue Moon Crafting Station?

If so it's because you were interested in my DT inspiration for the new Get Inky! Challenge -
Stamping with Flowers - for Mothers' Day.

Actually it is my Mum's Birthday today so it really is my Mother's Day!
I would so like to be in England delivering a bouquet of flowers -
 Interflora will just have to do it for me!


As you can see there are three ideas here - and as you know my style is usually pretty 'CAS'!

I started with a 'jamjar' stamp from Get Inky!

 (It made me think of the wildflowers I used to pick Mum when I was a child, stuffed in a jamjar!) 

I stuck five narrow strips of green paper, to act as 'stems', on a cream tall rectangular card base.
I masked the stems with little pieces of paper so that when I stamped over with the jar the flowers would look as though they were inside.
Then I painted with blue water colour to give the impression of some 'water'.


This was the base for each of my three ideas...


To my first card I added 5 flowers from my embellishment box -
 still a few left from shopping trips to Naiff Street Souq in Dubai!

For my second card I made some 'tulips' - one of my favourite flowers
 and the flowers I always buy for my Mum when I can - especially orange ones!
I punched 5 hearts, cut them in half and rearranged them as shown:



I am not sure if this counts as three colours - I used three but then had black and the card base...
 but I would like to submit it to

For my third card once again I used a Get Inky! stamp - really a sun,but it struck me
 that it could be a wild flower!
I stamped the suns on the same cardstock as the tulips with
 Hero Arts 'soft canteloupe' Shadow ink - my favourite! - and fussy cut them out!




 To finish I added some 'buttons' from my button box and a bow made with the fork method - I mentioned it on a previous blog.


Well...three simple ideas...what will you come up with?
please join us at Get Inky!

Happy Crafting!


6 comments:

  1. What a fun idea to make a tulip from a heart!
    Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun cards Susan!
    Thank you for joining the Less is More Challenge this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card. Thank you for joining us at the TTCRD challenge this week. Hope to see you again soon.

    Peggy T, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so fun. Thank you for joining us at the PINspirational Challenge blog.
    Barbara, DT member

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.