Pages

Thursday, 10 July 2014

Smeared and Smudged July Blog Hop - Steamy!

July Members Blog Hop
This just needs the blog hop list!
Black Dragon
Sandy
Jane
Susan - you are here!
Barbara
Stefanie
Erin
Teresa

I decided to go steampunky!

First I added a strip of 'wrinkle-free distress' to my 'Kraft' card blank.
(I smeared a couple of distress inks on my non-stick work mat, spritzed them with water,
 blotted with the cardstock and then left to dry!)
I distressed around the edges of this strip with 'antique linen'.


I then distressed a 'cog' embossed sheet with more 'antique linen'.


I trimmed this and then added 'gathered twigs' to the edges.


Next I added the main feature - which would stand in it's own right as an ATC.
I have used this image several times for Steampunk ATCs -

see this compilation of a few Steampunk ATCs I have made in the past...


 In fact I came across the image and scraps of DP and gold embossed card in my 'ready to use' folder !


Finally I added all the gold and bronze embellishments!



15 comments:

  1. Oh Susan... I love all the texture on your card. I also love 'the flying man' and use him rather a lot myself ! Wonderful selection of ATC's too.
    Thank you so much for joining in with this months Smeared and smudged members hop.
    BDx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the splodginess (if that's a word!) of this - the embossed detail is great and that flying man image is just perfect for the theme. The set of ATC's are lovely too! Great blog hop project - thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Susan! I love the distress inks, the embossing and the fact that you've used at ATC on here! Great idea to have 'ready to use' in a folder! love it! mo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the deets on how you created everything. Background colors match perfect with the gold and browns. So fun to see what you came up w/ for this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fab card, Susan. I love all the details, and I love that you chose an ATC to add as your focal image. I think that is great use of those little works of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this the atc is fantastic love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan, Loving your ATC's great detail too. Havn't made any ATC's for along time now...

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the different layers they work so well together - and that image is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the different techniques you used to create your "steamy" and "punky" card. Great collage of several different layers and items all add up to an awesome card and project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layers and colours and the stamped motive is one of my favourites too! Such a wonderful Steampunk card! Thank you for sharing it with us at SASPC!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card love the different techniques used and great idea to use an ATC as a topper--thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect card, I love colors and texture...
    thank you for your participation at Sandee & Amelie steampunk challenges
    Coutureuse

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome project Susan love the steampunk thanks for joining in at The Stamping Chef

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great techniques used to make your fab card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Girls Challenges and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Servus, Susan!

    I just stopped by to tell you that you have won our prize from the July challenge at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk challenges. As I found that you are travelling at the moment, I will put it aside for you until you return or email me.

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!