Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Thursday 18 June 2015

'Oldie but Goodie' Collection from Dragons Lair

Today I am going to play with another collection from
- an 'oldie but goodie' HOME TWEET HOME!





I was very fortunate to have a mini kit to play with again...
I printed out just three elements for my make:




With these I made this mini-tissue box - to have on your desk or bedside table -
 it will hold one of those 'travel' packs of tissues.
(I made one of these first at the workshop run by Elaine at the recent UKSN retreat)



I trimmed the pink piece to a rectangle 8 inches by 11.25 inches.
I then scored it widthways at 1 inch, 3.5 inches, 4.5 inches and 7 inches.
Lengthways, I scored 0.75 inches and 1.75 inches from each side leaving 4.5 inches in the middle.
This picture shows the reverse with scribble on the pieces that need cutting out.





This is what you will end up with:




Next cut the little tabs that will form the box bit...and 'corner round' the tabs.



Next decorate the faces - I used Cosmic Shimmer for all the sticking in this project.
This picture shows back, bottom, front edge, top front and sides, and edge which will be hidden
 (plus the tabs).



Fold over that edge that will be hidden and punch a hole into the top front - I used an oval but any appropriate punch could be used.
 It will cut out a little from that folded under edge but this will be hidden.



Next stick this tab in place - at this point the box will lie flat - if you make a lot you can store them like this until you want to give one away as a gift...



Next more decoration -



And gems...



And that's it...




Do pop over to Dragons Lair Shop and have a look at the collections!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Susan will have a go at making one
    Love Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.