Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Saturday 8 August 2015

Memorial Hop for Lily Chilvers




We are all so saddened by the loss of Miss Lily Chilvers,
 the owner and artist of The Octopode Factory.
 Alison Heikkila and Suzi McKenzie wanted to host a Blog Hop where we can share some of Lily's images, as well as share our love for her.
 We have gotten permission to have this hop for Lily by her mom Mandy.
 Please join us in honoring our friend and fellow artist.

You should have arrived from Teresa and next stop is Maureen


The first Octopode set that I bought was Alice in Wonderland
 and this has become a favourite!
 You may have seen me using it on the recent Alice in Wonderland Blog Hop which was organised  to celebrate the 150th Birthday of Lewis Carroll's 'Alice in Wonderland' book.



But then recently I noticed another set....

For several years I was involved with a Peter Pan Show on tour
 (as a chaperone to the kids!)


 so I was drawn to the Peter Pan collage sheet.


Two of the lines from the show were

Do you believe in fairies?
and
To fly would be an awfully big adventure!

I made a stepper card...




 I then used some of Lily's freebies from the Octopode Factory Blog for some ATCs
using Tim Holtz ATC die to make the bases from scraps.


Another link to Alice - the words on these petals are from Alice in Wonderland.

as this ATC feels very summery!

But now Christmas with Santa's Hat...


and finally a broken Heart, behind pink vellum...



Hope you will hop along! Below is the full blog list:





Today we are remembering Lily Chilvers a truly beautiful artist and soul taken from us too soon.
To honour Lily we are sharing projects we have made in her memory using the wonderful, whimsical and wacky art she shared with us all.


Blog Hop List

Susan Renshaw YOU ARE HERE!!

14 comments:

  1. Lovely projects, Susan! The Alice images were my very first from Lily and still, perhaps, my fave. Wonderful work. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see such a varied mix of projects Susan, they're great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Susan just love seeing all your creations. I'm sure we will all never tire of Lily's quirky characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan your art is beautiful. Such a stunning tribute to Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab makes, Susan. The Alice images were among my first purchased from Lily too, and remain favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh lovely creations, I too bought Alice as one of my first digis from Lily, Thanks for sharing, Love Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome creations, love them all they are just wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creations!!! Thanks for sharing your talent.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous projects for a great tribute to an awesome artist. So sad today. I hadn't heard until I came across this tribute today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful tribute projects to celebrate Lily and her art!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful projects! I love the Peter Pan step card. That's one of my favorite childhood stories and movies. I had it on video and my daughter, Rachel, and I used to watch it all the time. It was her favorite, too. You did Lily proud for sure! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous projects Susan...I have those two sets also and love to use them. The Hop is a wonderful way to honor Lily's artwork and memory!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such marvelous projects :-) Sorry I am a bit late hopping by :-)

    Hugz
    IKE x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.