Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Thursday 19 November 2015

Smeared and Smudged November 2015 Member Blog Hop




SMEARED AND SMUDGED MEMBER BLOG HOP
Fiona
Titbelsoeur
Susan R. - You are here!
Lyneen
Susan S.

There aren't many of us this time so do hop through and see what there is to see -
all will be posted today by 9am PST!

This is my make:




So first my grunge-y background...
I don't suppose I would try this technique on my own - it's the sort of experiment my husband and chemistry teacher daughter like to play with.

Here is a link on Flickr to the video I made of preparing my board or see it on facebook here

 Hope you can see one of the links - the video is rather long but watching a little will give you the idea ...basically electricity is passed through a piece of plywood coated with sodium bicarbonate solution to produce burnt figures. The electricity is produced using a microwave transformer.



This is the result: burnt, grimy, dirty - grunge-y!



I also photographed it to print out (smaller) twice in a sort of greyscale...


 I printed two skulls straight onto the wood using a Smeared Ink rubber stamp designed by Rick St Dennis and Versafine.



Next, taking copies of the photograph I overprinted with Teri Sherman's Bah Humbug Tree.


I added colour with Promarkers, paperpieced the skulls with beige paper and distressed the skulls and edges with Scattered Twigs.


For the 'Bah Humbug' I used chipboard letters, applying black gesso on texture paste printed with a rubber texture stamp from Lost Coast Designs.




Finally I added a sparkly skeleton and two clip on sparkly spiders:


As you can see it is 'Creepmassy'!



 Hope you will join me in 12 Days of Creepmas in December!

Happy Crafting!



7 comments:

  1. WOW Susan. I love this. Thank you for sharing will have to try this as looks good for Christmas too sort of frosty looking. Fabulous make and great choice of images too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thought maybe a ply wood Christmas 'tree' - watch this space!!

      Delete
  2. Totally amazing background! Gotta show my hubby. Really love how you've layered it too. It does look like really creepy frost. LOL Fabulous! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! how extremely awesome! you never cease to amaze me Susan. I am always loving your fabulous skills and art.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh ! Love your card... I have not understood everything on the process :) but it sounds amazing !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - that is one awesome creation. I love how that background went but it sounds very scary thing to do !!!! :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! That is one amazing process to create the background... LOVE how it turned out... don't think I will be trying it too soon!!!! Thanks for sharing an AWESOME card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.