Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Tuesday 31 January 2017

A year of ATCs - Day 31

What with one thing and another,
 I have had very little chance to get into my craftroom
 so far this year -
 but there was one thing I thought I would like to do in 2017...

Try and post a new ATC each day!

I have been so impressed with those of you who have done 100 consecutive ATCs -
 a year of inchies, a year of twinchies 

or some equally amazing achievement...

so this was my New Year's Resolution...to make 365 ATCs this year (at least!!)

AND I have managed the whole of January!
Here are the ones I have shown you up to now...



For January 31st - I understand that today is...



How to depict this I wonder??

I decided to go with a Dia de Muertos sort of image - sugar skulls placed backwards on a body.
The image is formed using stamps from Ranger Dylusions Pin Up Queen which I stamped, photographed and printed small enough to fit an ATC.
I coloured the images using my new Zig real brush pens and then cut them out...
I then added these to a base of two layers of Tim Holts DP scraps.

Sort of backwards and back to back and upside down...



Heres another compilation of most of my January ATCs...

No automatic alt text available.

Now some time ago I came across Darnell's 'Never Used Before Schtuff'



and as the sugar skull stamps were virginal and this is celebrating National Backward Day
I will add this ATC to  NBUS CHallenge #10
Hopefully I will get chance to play with some bubble wrap before the end of the challenge...



Happy Crafting!



2 comments:

  1. What a fun card design. Great design for the special day too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool, Susan!! I did not know there was a National Backwards Day! In middle school my best friend and I used to write notes to each other with each word written backwards. We got really good at it, so thank you for evoking that fun memory for me! Congratulations on setting that ATC goal for yourself and being successful!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10 and joining in the optional theme (seeing what National Day is out there when you make your creation!)! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.