Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Sunday 22 January 2017

Edgar Allan Poe Appreciation Day Blog Hop - New Poe-ject for 2017


2017 POE BLOG HOP


The hop starts on January 19 at 9am PST and is a progressive hop spanning over 5 days.
Sign up not required...simply join the hop at any time before 5 to midnight PST on January 23 to join the fun!

Find more details here and my previous posts by scrolling down here

Here's my main Poe-ject for this year - still really a work in progress...I have used a variety of rubber (Smeared Ink) and digi stamps (Ikesart) to make an ATC mini album.



First I made 6 sleeves (3 by 4 inches) from some Tim Holtz DP, to clip together with a ring.
Each sleeve will eventually hold an ATC.
I then started decorating the sleeves.
The back sides feature Eldorado and Ike's Knight printed and then cut out - the smaller ones with a stitched rectangular die. I added a small amount of colour with a Promarker and a silver Wink of Stella.



The front sides have Smeared Ink skulls, Ike's Raven and the Spellbinders Drip Drop die.



I printed the quote "There is no beauty without strangeness"
  


So far there are two ATCs illustrated - you already saw the first on Day 1 and in the first picture.
The new one today is my Day 22 of 'A year of ATCs?'.



It features  Lost Coast Designs Whimsical Lily which I was very pleased to win in a recent Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge.
I coloured this with some pens I haven't used before - Zig fine real brush pens from Kuretake - and cut it out. The background is some upcycled packing from the beads I have used on the two ATCs.



Hope to get the 4 other ATCs made soon...








Happy Crafting!










8 comments:

  1. Your work is always so detailed and perfect, Susan! Loving Ike's knight and all the details on the sleeves! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea of an ATC album, and it's great to see so many variations on the moody Poe theme here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do enjoy seeing your mini books Susan & treasure my 31 DOH I won in your giveaway last year! This one is equally as fab will be POEfect once complete! Love how you brought Lost Coast Designs Whimsical Lily in to join the party & that you're having so much fun with your prize! Don't forget that I'd love to feature a project using your LCD prizes at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity in a Fan Feature segment...send me a Facebook message if you'd like more info etc ;0). Thanks again for joining our Poe Appreciation Blog Hop at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is amazing, so many details in such a small book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing the pages of your mini book. Thanks for joining us at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, ATC miniallbum, that's def something I want to do also... Thank you for the inspiration, your book looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.