Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Sunday 23 April 2017

Faux Wood Effect Paper

I have mentioned several times now the faux wood effect paper
 that we were shown how to make at the retreat I went on recently.

A piece of textured paper is scored randomly across its width,
 glue is added along the bumps also randomly. 
This is brushed out and allowed to dry.
Finally distress ink is added to the card straight from the pad.

I have used such a background on this card.


I started with a yellow card blank, matted with a lighter yellow card and then layered with the faux wood paper. This was made with a different yellow textured card and wild honey distress ink.

I then added texture paste through two stencils to the card. When this had dried I added yellow Promarker to the two images.


Finally I added yellow gems.




Happy Crafting!


7 comments:

  1. such a pretty card :) love the stenciling !
    hugs
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW - that is very pretty. Great stencils and I love the wood effect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful.
    I like to use wood as the background
    for my cards. The stenciling
    is great - need to do more of that
    myself.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous Susan, such a beautiful design and I love your background too. Happy crafting, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh this is absolutely stunning.i love the faux wood effect. Have seen this technique before but not where you then run glue down the channels that you have created. I guess yo make it look like the sap oozing through the wood. What a neat idea. Love it. Your flowers and butterfly are gorgeous too. I have just come back from a 3 day retreat in Daventry and see you have one in June but ?I can't make that date. Are there any more being run later in the year? Thank you for fluttering into the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs A. The uk stampers network has 2 retreats each year (March and June). I am booked to go on another retreat in October with another group. I will try and find the link for you.

      Delete
    2. November not October...in Manchester
      https://www.facebook.com/events/370016983375603/permalink/370021480041820/

      Delete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.