Featured Post

Scrapbookingncraft # 9

  I was delighted when Mel asked me to join her Design Team. I have enjoyed using stencils, chipboards and serviettes from  Scrapbookingncra...

Saturday 31 July 2021

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge 553 for 31 July 2021 - Add a reindeer

 

 A new Christmas Challenge every Saturday!




Today Crafty Hazelnut brings a new weekly Christmas Challenge
with the theme 'add a reindeer'

Do pop over and see the fabulous inspiration from my teamies!

If you enter you could win a prize... 
Every week a prize is given to a randomly chosen winner...


Crafter's Companion Floral Collection
Bebunni Bunches of flowers clear stamp



Recipe:

1. Cream square card blank. 
2. The background is Distress Oxides inks smeared through an embossing folder (Stampin Up by Sizzix) and vintage photo distress ink round the edges.
3. The deer is a chipboard from Close to my Heart which I painted with silver sparkly paint.
3. The sentiment is another chipboard from the same set (Snowhaven Complements).



Happy Crafting!



ICAD - 53 -61

My final recap of ICADS running up until the last day of July!

#53 July 23rd

The process for this index card (and my September calendar page) was to cut a wobbly mask from a piece of acetate and then use it to make a shape using Distress Oxides - blended with brushes.
I then added a chipboard made by layering up diecuts and splatter using white gloss spray.


#54  July 24th

The original post for this is here. Corrugated paper with paint, string and an image from Oddball Art Co, coloured with markers. The sentiment was from my stash.


#55 July 25th and #56 July 26th.

Using LeighSB Designs image and sentiment for Leigh's Christmas in July Hop.
The background is rustic wilderness Distress Oxide smeared in a Tattered Lace embossing folder.  Find the original post for #56 here

These are the backgrounds:






#57 July 27th

A spun alcohol ink background over stamped with a  Carabelle stamp. I stamped the butterfly again and added it on dimensionals.



#58 July 28th.

I have had a few spun alcohol ink backgrounds on my desk for a few days. For today's index card I decided again to add a diecuts in black card.
Look at this one:

This one used alcohol ink and blending solution. I used two similar backgrounds on my July calendar.


On this ICAD I used another die cut from Colour Blast - Michelle Grant Designs.




#59 July 29th

Gelli Pull background - I really love this one!! Tracy Scott stamps printed on blue card and cut out. Added penwork.


#60 July 30th

Brusho background. Die cut. Penwork.

 

#61 July 31st

 I watched a Jennifer McGuire video which combined a Gelli plate with inks to make a background. I had a go and produced the background for this last index card.


The bee was also printed using the same technique but it came out very pale so I overstamped it in black archival suing the Tracy Scott stamp. I cut it out and then added extra colour with markers and gold pen.
Finally I added black soot Distress Ink around the edges.


AND THAT'S THAT!!


Happy Crafting!

Friday 30 July 2021

Butterfly Challenge - Q is for Quad Easel Fold

 

This is a Quad Easel fold card - the current theme for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge  and I will link the card there. I have used all the colours in the folded and matting papers using plain card and papers from Stampin Up and a crafterschoice Bohemia Botanica pad.

The sentiment is from Bee Arty.

 Mrs A gives instructions for Quad Easel fold cards here and the challenge has the following associated wheel. 


The gold butterfly stickers were part of a prize from Mrs A.



This photo shows the card folded flat as it might go into the envelope - the pegs are to help photograph it.


The following pictures show each of the four easels.








From above:


Finally I added gems to the gold butterflies:




Happy Crafting!


Wednesday 28 July 2021

What's on your Workdesk Wednesday? #634

      WOYWW 

Wednesday again, so I am linking to the Stamping Ground.


 My picture for WOYWW #634 is my computer/crafting desk with a journal black gesso-ed and drying. This journal is a cheap book in which I have stuck every two pages together. It does get a bit wibbly-wobbly when wet!
The plan is to add a collage of tiles - these are my random tiles drying...


The blueish one at the top on the second picture, is an image transfer. I used a photo I took at Cruden Farm, a place we visited just before the lockdown started.


~~~~~~~~

Todays ICAD is another spun alcohol ink background topped with a black die cut.


I haven't really had a theme for my index cards - generally used just whatever I have found on my workdesk or used a technique that has come to mind. I will post my final ICAD roundup on Saturday - that finishes two months of index cards.

I think index cards have become my 'new ATCs'! I am still making ATCs though - and I will share some I made recently now that the recipient has got them.


I have taken to using the same sort of folder that Angela sent to me for 624.
And today I am delighted to receive Anne's very pretty 624 ATC!!
Thank you Anne - it's lovely - and I could just eat a strawberry!


The post is being pretty unpredictable again -
 a UK friend just received a letter I sent 5 weeks ago.

As of today lockdown has eased a little - but we still cannot have visitors.
I have spent much of the last fortnight working in my journals. If you are my friend on Facebook, or see my Instagram, you have probably seen some of the following pictures but I thought I would just share some of my makes:

This was a watercolour having watched a Kaleidoscope taster lesson.


Another attempt at watercolours - Wanderlust 26.


Wanderlust 30


This was just one of mine:


Finally a Crazy Face following a Tracy Scott workshop.


Hope you are all keeping well... hope to visit each of your desks soon...

Happy WOYWW !!