Friday, 7 April 2017

HLS Mixed Media April




Do pop over to Happy Little Stampers to see the fabulous inspiration for this Challenge!

Today I have a card to show you...


I started with a green card base and then added my background - a piece of water colour paper wth distress ink applied and then sprayed with water through a stencil. I added distress ink ( Picked Raspberry) around the edges and then overstamped using my Stampin Up Double stamping tulip stamp in black and raspberry. 
Finally I added happiness - also Stampin Up - in the raspberry distress ink.




Happy Crafting!




6 comments:

  1. Ooooo, love this card, Susan. Beautifully soft and pretty background. I really like the result you got by spraying water onto you distress ink background. Such a pretty tulip too. Happiness is the perfect sentiment for this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic watercolor background.
    The tulip looks great.
    Have to get that stamp out and
    use it. Love layered stamps.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love distress ink backgrounds. The sentiment is very nice.
    Michelle (DT sister)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful background. I will have to try the water through a stencil again
    Love the card and colors you achieved.
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simplicity of this ..... the colours are gorgeous and the black is so striking xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome background, lovely colours.

    Meena Herale

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!