Friday, 15 March 2013

Dressed to Impress

A couple of days ago I noticed Mad Crafters Giggles on Facebook - they do a Daily Mad Challenge! This is a little out of my comfort zone - I usually take more time to think about and construct my cards! However I have joined in on the last few days. Today the challenge requires a dress form...This made me think of a couple of cards I made some time ago...

Not really a dress form but a card in the shape of a dress, cut from pink card. I then used part of a scalloped  circle to make the collar added the skirt, an overlay of vellum embossed with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots and a length of ribbon.


Here the dress is cut from a scalloped circle of sparkly card. Again I added embossed vellum - I do love those Swiss Dots!


But on to today's card...yes it has an overlay of Swiss Dots. But the dress form has been put together using an oval (Nestabilities) and a heart shape. The stand is made from parts of Maya Road Chipboard Decorative Scrolls, distressed with Tim Holtz Stormy Sky Distress Ink. Embellishments from my stash - but the backing torn paper is beautiful home-made paper that I bought in Kathmandu!

Hope you like them!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!