Pages

Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Get Inky Challenge with Washi

At the beginning of last year I first came across Washi Tape.
I asked my Japanese friend Chikako what washi meant - and washi just means 'Japanese paper'.
It could be anything from the paper used in screens in Japanese houses to placemats made of paper.
 Chikako gave me some washi placemats...


I am not sure if you can see the lovely texture in this paper!

Anyway the current challenge at Get Inky! is to use Washi Tape in your creation.

I decided to use the May sketch from the Inky Moonbeams.


My original card blank was square and white.
 I matted this with a paper from amy tangerine's 'ready set go' paper pad.
I then added another square of white card edged with 'Woodland Park' Washi Tape.



I used two more pages from the paper pad to make the centre squares - after first embossing them in a Stampin Up 'Honeycomb' embossing folder.
Finally I added the bee - a Get inky! Stamp.
 I matted the white card onto the paper I used on the base.
I used a tacky glue 'ink pad' to stamp the image and then added gilding flakes to make a gilt bee!

This might be a better photo...I think the gilding is a little more visible.


Hope you will join us at Get Inky!

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!