Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Tuesday 16 June 2015

Two Very Different Cards

I couldn't resist this image when it popped up on my screen
 just after my son Dan had been on the phone...
He always starts the conversation with 'What are you up to...?'



Anyway do you have those days when things don't seem to go right??

I thought I would print the bottom two images pre-coloured and 'Water you up to?'
Somehow my print of Diver Daniel was half off the page!

I thought I would use the rock as my front page and Dan behind...


but cutting away so much from the front, it wouldn't stand up...


Back to the drawing board...


I used a rectangular card base and added the sentiment in the top left corner matted on a scrap.
I then used a scalloped circle die to cut out Dan and edged it with China Blue Distress Ink.
The cut out rock then went in front on dimensionals.

I didn't waste the half-Dan either...this is the inside...



So I will submit this card to Deedee's Card Of the Month Challenge







But from there I went on to a totally different style of card...


I started with a Metallic Mauve card blank from Kaisercraft but bought from ItsyBitsy in India.

To that I added an embossed page which I distressed with Seedless Preserves

The Steampunk Heart shape is by Teri Sherman and can be found here
So pleased we can find Delicious Doodles again at ArtiDoodles!

I added colour to this by smearing and spritzing Seedless Preserves on my craft mat and then sopping it up with the image. When it had dried I added some Cool Grey 5 Promarker.


I positioned these and added a wooden clock - also distressed with the same colour...
it didn't really come out the colour I had hoped...
but pictured on my craft mat the card looks more purple than mauve.

I had sopped up the rest of the ink from my craft mat with an odd piece of card - I used Tim Holtz Gadget Gears die to make a few gears to add in the corner...


And this is the finished piece...still not sure about that clock...


Anyway Delicious Doodles is having a Welcome Back Blog Hop and first Challenge
So I am linking this card there...

Happy Crafting!


3 comments:

  1. Great idea to use that half of Daniel on the inside of your card! So cute and love the design you used. It worked out perfectly! Cute, cute card.
    Your second card is so beautiful too!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Deedee's Digis.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the scallop circle is like a bubble that he is swimming in. Like how you used the elements from your first attempt to make a card you were happy with. Super cute! Thanks for playing in the Digi of the Month Challenge at Deedee's Digis.
    Kathy D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan I love this the the colours the textures the little pieces of white ...perfect thanks for sharing at Delicious Doodles this month xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.