Friday, 15 February 2013

Washi and more...

Washi - I asked my Japanese friend Chikako what washi meant - and washi just means 'Japanese paper'. It could be anything from the paper used in screens in Japanese houses to placemats made of paper. Chikako gave me some washi placemats...


I am not sure if you can see the lovely texture in this paper!

Anyway Pretty Paper Studio in Dubai issued their February challenge
 to produce a project using Washi  Tape.
If you would like to play along check out

My project will be uploaded to PPS very soon but in the meantime I noticed
The sketch involves a strip of ribbon or tape so I thought I would have a  go...here
is my design - a Valentine suitable for a man??




I added a red envelope to complete the look!

If you would like to play too, click the link above to find the instructions. This is the sketch I used:



3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, this is fabulous. Love getting ideas on how to use my Washi tape.

    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - just love your card - gorgeous :)

    Interesting to know what Washi tape means!

    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card especially for a man. Thanks for the info on Washi tape x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!