Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Pop up Christmas card

My friend Lizette had a magazine with this fancy fold in it...

We challenged each other to have a go...


I thought it looked like a Christmas Cracker so I made a Christmas Card...



Take a 4 inch strip from a 12 by 12 and then score and fold as in the photo:-


Score at 2 in, 4 in, 8 in and 10 in. These are valley folds (red lines).
Score the cross ways lines to the midway line. These are mountain folds (green lines).

I chose a double sided Christmas paper to start and then decorated it with various layers and stamps.
The 'Have a Jolly Holiday' stamp has a matching 'framelit' to cut it out on the Big Shot.
I embossed this stamp with red embossing powder. 
I added a little colour to the 'Santa' stamp using Promarkers.

The card folds down flat to a 4 x 4 square so will fit in a suitable square envelope.



Here is Lizette's version:-


Merry Christmas in June!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!