Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Tuesday 15 November 2016

Ike's world Challenges #76


Today I would like to show you my make for Ike's World Challenges!

The current Challenge (#76) is "Military Tribute"...and this is my midway post...


Our village has been yarn bombed for Remembrance Day...




These lovely poppies have been made by lots of local people.
I would love to say that I had made some of them - but the last time I participated in a Yarnscape was in 2013!

I wanted to follow the Remembrance and poppy theme - 
if you pop over to Ike's World Challenges you will find there is a super freebie to pick up:

Poppy Wreath





I coloured this with Promarkers and decided to use it in a layout.



I wanted to use some photos of the 'Weeping Window' at Caernarfon Castle,
 taken this week by my friend Ioan. 


Caernarfon Castle is the first location in Wales to host Poppies: Weeping Window  by artist Paul Cummins and designer Tom PiperPoppies: Weeping Window is a cascade comprising several thousand handmade ceramic poppies, and was originally seen pouring from a high window to the ground below at the Tower of London as part of the installation Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red.
This was the paper layout I made a couple of years ago showing photos of the Tower of London installation.


My layout today is digital using Serif Craft Artist 2. 
I started with a grey background and added the photos and wreaths.



Originally I added frames around the photos
 but I decided I preferred the stark look without them.


I added the words from the poem

For the Fallen

 by Robert Laurence Binyon (1869-1943), published in The Times newspaper on 21st September 1914.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.





 


Look forward to seeing your creations in Challenge #76...

Happy Crafting!



3 comments:

  1. Fantastic pictures.
    Got a little history lesson today too.
    Can't believe those poppies at the top
    are yarn - I was thinking how lucky you
    were that the flowers were still blooming.
    thanks for sharing. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute, Susan! I love this! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb. What a fabulous tribute. I love the yarn poppies in your photo and that castle and Tower creations are just amazing. So moving and what fantastic tributes. Thank you very much for making this for me at IWC :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.