Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Thursday 19 March 2015

Smeared and Smudged member Blog Hop for March


March Monthly Member Blog Hop

Black Dragon
Teresa
 Leslie Rahye 
Maureen
Susan R.  YOU ARE HERE!
Ike

Once again we have a Smeared and Smudged Monthly Member Blog Hop!
Do hop by, have fun and have a look at the amazing creations!!

You shoulad have arrived here from Maureen and your next step is Lisa
but if you need to start at the beginning please go back to Black Dragon

So today's theme is


I have had some Alice papers on my computer for years from Crafts-U-Print - I decided to use these to mat two sides of a 6 by 6 chipboard...This is the first side - steampunky hearts.


I often make ATCs but have never done APCs before - Altered Playing cards - but I thought Alice leant itself to this...

Using Alice digis from the Octopode Factory, coloured with Promarkers I made the following:






I then added these to my base with a quote, some cogs and a key...

"I can't go back to yesterday Because I was a different person then"


The reverse side started like this -  a layer of blue then the DP...



But now some exciting days - I have just been invited to join  the new Rosey Hearts DT
where the first challenge has just begun

I decided to use Rosey Hearts Always Alice digi on here, again coloured with Promarkers and with another quote.




Finally a few extras to finish it off...




Enjoy the hop!

Happy Crafting!


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Susan... love those playing cards.... would love a full deck! . Thank you for joining in with the members hop this month love BD x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, Susan! Those cards are just wonderful and the arrangement is fab. Love the image on the bottom one, too. Looks like the gang's all there. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both these projects Susan, but as a big Octopode fan, I must say the first is my favourite. The characters are so quirky - I love the rabbit with the watch in his head...thanks for sharing such original projects xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your projects. I just love Octopode. and what a fabulous idea to put them on playing cards. Love this post!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your APCs Susan! The hearts are so cool, love the Octopode images, brilliant. Your design is fabulous and so creative. Love both projects!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. APC's this is totally new to me but a great addition to the theme. They are wonderful :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ADORBS!!!!! I love your altered playing cards and those images are to die for! You must keep an eye out for when I'm having Playing card related challenges over at DominoART...and there's still time to get in on my Any Game Goes challenge using Harlequin Diamonds, I'd love to see more of your altered playing cards :0)
    http://dominoartblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful page! I love the way you've used the playing cards, and of course I really love these Octopode Alice digis (they're the same ones I used today!)--so cool to see the way you've colored them! The reverse side is great too--love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Susan! I love the Octopode images you've used and great idea with the playing cards! Fabulous quotes too! And I love the Rosey Hearts image - great minds!! lol Fab papers and embellies too! Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, this is amazing! Love love the playing card characters and the paper and your coloring all goes so well together!! Faulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the playing cards....so creative! Those cards would be great for playing card challenges on DominoArt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.