Featured Post

WOYWW # 773

It is Wednesday so  I am linking  to the  Stamping Ground Follow the link to find out more about  What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday  an...

Wednesday 22 June 2022

WOYWW 681

WOYWW          

Wednesday again, so I am linking to the Stamping Ground

Follow the link to find out more about What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday and maybe join in... This is my post for WOYWW #681

My desk today is in my utility room:


Actually not a lot going on - just some 'pourings' drying... Sophie and I were palying with some pouring acrylic at the weekend - just on a small canvas and bits of acrylic paper.

 

In the picture of me, I am covered in paint...

I have kept saying I will share some of my ICADs - I think the first two weeks will be enough for this post!

ICAD 1 - 7




ICAD 1 - 14


These are the second week's index cards:



There is a story about 'found' (middle left). In March I ordered a leotard for my younger granddaughter. When I went to stay the other week I asked Isabell how she was going with the leotard and was told by son and girls that it had never turned up. So after checking bank account, Paypal and emails I discovered it should have arrived. I contacted the company - who were amazed that no-one had contacted them before this - and they contacted Australia Post. I couldn't as the tracking number had expired. Anyway the postie explained that he had left it by the pot plant at the front door. So I searched high and low - and high and low again - and finally I discovered the packet in a pile of papers in my son's office - FOUND! And funnily enough this matched the day that 'found' was in the ICAD prompt list.

The middle card is #13 toy. This made me think of paper dolls and I used the free image from


My next picture shows some examples of cyanotype - I have been experimenting with this technique - so the middle right ICAD uses a piece of of this on fabric.


I am just going to share one from the third week - from yesterday


Anyway, all for now - see you next week...

Happy WOYWW!

7 comments:

  1. Great ICAD’s with some great techniques. The mermaids look good. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooving your pouring, I made the photo bigger so I could enjoy them even more 🤩😍🤩😍 fabulous ICADS each one so different ❤🧡💕💛 Wishing you a great week ahead with love and hugs Tracy #10 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have room for pouring but would love to have a go one day. your icads look great, too. Have a good week Helen #4

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, the photo of you covered in paint had me in stitches cos that’s exactly how I’d be if I tried acrylic pouring!! Love the iCards, they’re so different’ aren’t they? I’m always amazed at the way ideas form and develop.
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan, we're back. It's been a lovely day but very hot but dogs were fine as they wore their cooler coats, I wish they made them for humans. I would have loved to have been there when you found the parcel! Great collection of Icads. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your index cards - yet another project I see each year, think I should do, then never move forward. One day I will. I have a pack of cyanotype paper someplace, but just saw a video on YouTube that was a faux version using real plants, blue paint and the gel plate. Interesting. The story about the leotard is funny since you found it, but would have been super annoying had you not LOL!
    Happy WOYWW day!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's a funny story about the missing post lol. Same thing would happen in this house - amazing the postie remembered though! Interesting ICAD's, love the mermaids and am still intrigued by the cyanotope. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #5

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.