Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - New Term #9

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Wednesday 21 August 2024

WOYWW #794

      

It is Wednesday so I am linking to WOYWW at Sarah's craft shed

Follow the link to find out more about What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday and maybe join in... This is my post for WOYWW #794 and my desk...

You can partially see a journal page which I will blog at the weekend. I thought I had taken a picture of a master board in progress - but obviously not...

However my computer desk shows how I have cut this into several pieces to make journal embellishments.


Several of you mentioned the flip it folders I was making last week. I made several in the end - these are two. The one on the left used a file folder and handmade fabric tape. I decided this card was probably too think and I needed to have made the back hinge wider.





With the second one I used thinner card and a Tim Holtz tape making the back hinge wider.




Well, after some weeks of heavy frosts, Spring has finally sprung. Look at the blossom in the car park of the club where I go to aquarobics.


And our tubs on the front of the house are doing well:


And then we spotted these in the garden - no idea where they came from - the lilies look in a poor way though after the frosts...


To finish, look at this fabulous photo taken by my friend in Yamba - on the East Coast of Australia in New South Wales.


Happy WOYWW!

9 comments:

  1. Love flip and folds - would love a link to making yours please.
    Adore the pelicans - saw some in America - no chance in England, wish we did - fascinating birds.
    Hugs, Neet 2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pelicans shot made me laugh, it would make a great card! How lovely that the little daffy turned up as a surprise, so sweet. The flip flop book is so clever, does my head in to think of how that works!!
    Hugs LLJ 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s funny to think of it being springtime in Oz. I hope you have a better summer than we’ve had.
    The pelican shot is great and reminded me of the ones in Green park that I used to see as I walked from Charing Cross to our project office in Victoria.
    I love your little flip and fold book.
    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 7xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pelican picture! I can just imagine the noise! Thanks for the link to the flip book - I can't wait to make one, especially now I've seen more of yours too. Enjoy the coming of the spring, Lisa-Jane #12 prettymypage.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those flip and fold booklets Susan. Glad Spring is on the way for you - the flower tubs look beautiful. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects. Love the pelican photograph. Reminds me of a scene in Nemo only I think the birds in that were seagulls 🤣🤣. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

    ReplyDelete
  7. the flip it books are fabulous; how clever. Love the photo of the pelicans. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little flip books! They would go so well in a junk journal! Happy Spring! Although that means we are headed into Fall ☹️Summer is so short! Your tiny flowers look like tiny daffodils! I googled them and they are a "thing"! Narcissus Toto is one that I saw. Lucky you! Have a wonderful beginning to Spring! Lindart #15

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm late today as we've been out but here now. Loving the flip books and the pelicans. Wishing you a very happy woyww evening. Hugs Angela x9x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.