Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - New Term #9

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Wednesday 4 September 2024

WOYWW # 796

It is Wednesday so I am linking to WOYWW at Sarah's craft shed

Follow the link to find out more about What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday and maybe join in... This is my post for WOYWW #796 and my desk...


You can a journal page on my desk easel - this was based on a workshop by Sheila Jordan in the UK Stampers Network Zoom Craft and Chat.
Basically Sheila suggested how to do a background with torn papers, gesso and stamping.
Mine produced these ATCs


and the journal page. The first picture shows the background.






In the front I am making some cards using the Visible Image stamp set 'Ride The Waves'.

Talking of waves, we have had some horrendous weather over the last few days. I saw these photos on Facebook of Mornington Pier - just a little way down the peninsular.





That's all from me today - hope to catch up with you all later!


Happy WOYWW!


10 comments:

  1. Wow, those harbour walls are doing their job well aren’t they? Great shots of the waves. I like your torn/ripped/coloured/gessoed/stamped pages too!!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness those waves are scary! Interesting background. Hugs BJ#9

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes. Those waves! But so in love with the journal background it's hard to look elsewhere LOL! Amazing.
    Happy desk-hop day!
    Mary Anne (3)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your journal page and ATCs. In the second photograph it looks like a boat is underwater! They always announce here that people should not go down to the beach when the waves are so high, but I would be so tempted to get some photographs if we lived near a beach. It looks so awesome on the TV. Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Angela about the wave photo . Very tempting. Love your pages this week . Happy woyww Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, that background is beautiful. That is something I must try - did you stick to a certain palette or just use random pieces? The finished piece is lovely.
    Hugs, Neet 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the papers came from my 'pink' scrap folder...

      Delete
  7. I must have a look at Sheila's work looks useful for Masterboards too. Have a good woyww, hugs Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great background with lots of yummy layers. It looks like you've used tissue paper with lettering on it which has given me an idea for some that came with some children's shoes! Best wishes, Lisa-Jane #11 https://www.prettymypage.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way that background has been built up Susan. Great ATCs too. Good job those harbour walls are so strong! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW, Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.