Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - New Term #9

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Wednesday 11 September 2024

WOYWW #797

 

It is Wednesday so I am linking to WOYWW at Sarah's craft shed

Follow the link to find out more about What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday and maybe join in... This is my post for WOYWW #797 and my desk...

ooh... 797 is the 139th prime and 139 is also a prime...

Another interesting fact (?) is that this is the first post on my blog since WOYWW #796 which is very unusual! It's making me wonder whether I have forgotten something!



On my desk there are several projects on the go - two small canvasses,  a Birthday card, an upcycled box, some corrugated cardboard with a little gesso waiting for something else.
Not a lot finished!
On my desk easel is the journal page I made for last month's Gecko Galz Gothic Challenge. I had to hide the new journal page that was on there as that has to be blogged tomorrow.

The featured post displays a card I made for the Once Upon a Time Challenge - this was before I found out how to not get the shimmery photos that google was producing!

Something else I haven't shared is my set of prompt cards (a suggestion in the virtual retreat I joined a couple of weeks ago). These cards are all ATC size with backgrounds found amongst my scraps...


Well the weather here has not really turned Spring-like yet - it has just started to torrentially rain...so it is still jigsaw time. This one was mainly done by daughter Sophie but I finished it off:



That's all from me today - hope to catch up with you all later!


Happy WOYWW!


14 comments:

  1. Your desk looks like you have a busy time ahead finishing your projects! I like your stack of prompt cards! Happy WOYWW Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for those prompt cards Susan. Loving the drips on that canvas - look forward to seeing the finished piece. Stay safe and happy WOWYW. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Sarah I do like those drips!! And I love Giraffes can't dance. We read it a lot. I find that nowadays the only thing I ever post on my blog is WOYWW - and not even every week. I thought I was supposed to have more time now I am retired? Well we are rushing towards Autumn, and I don't think we even had a summer, it certainly passed me by. Sky is blue this morning so hopefully I can get out and about later. Have a great week, love n hugs Cindy xx #7

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the 797 facts, the maths geek in me really enjoyed those!! You have got a lot under way on your desk, sounds as if you’ve been having fun. Aren’t those prompt cards a great idea and they use up scrap too, a real win-win!!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great prompt deck and the ring so handy for flipping. Great jigsaw - are those metallic flashes? Freezing here overnight - had the windows closed for the first time in 6 months!
    Quick scoot round before knitting WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (5)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the giraffe card, so sweet. Looks like you're a busy lady but that's how it goes when you have ideas you have to get started on them all, well I do or I forget what I was thinking about in the first place Lol! Hope the weather improves for you. Have a good woyww, hugs Angela x12x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wondering what you are going to do with the dripping canvas? I love making drips on some of my work. Great giraffe, he is so cute, at the top of your page. Do I see a Frieda Kahlo on your desk?
    Hugs, Neet 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to love reading that giraffe book to my children! Your picture is so cheery. Love that drippy canvas too. Great jigsaw and I applaud you for doing it as it must have been quite tricky! Best wishes, Lisa-Jane #13

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the numerical factoid. And what a gorgeous giraffe! (I love giraffes. Have you read: West With Giraffes by Lynda Rutledge? A novel based on a true story of two giraffes being transported from America's east coast to San Diego zoo in California. The story is set in 1938 and takes 12 days. It will make you fall in love with giraffes).
    A good idea to have prompt cards. I have never seen those.
    Oh a jigsaw! I love doing jigsaws. I always do 1000 or 1500 pieces.That Vincent van Gogh picture will have been really difficult. Well done!
    Happy WOYWW,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've always got so many wonderful projects on the go Susan and I love the ATC prompt cards! Your canvas looks interesting too and I could help noticing some 'Frieda' artwork sitting there on your desk too! Happy WOYWW, have a great rest of the week. Michelle x #18

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your desk looks busy but organised. I love the giraffe in the featured post and the set of prompt cards are such a good idea. I have a jar with 20 prompts in it just waiting for me to get started. Seems we skipped spring and summer here on the Scottish west coast this year. It's been jigsaw weather instead. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #9

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects, love the cute giraffe! Happy WOYWW. Angela #15

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Giraffe title made me smile as I've just done a "Dance like David" page with a ballerina! The prompt cards look cool, maybe I could do with some of those.... Also intrigued by the little square canvas can't wait to see that flourish. Hugs BJ#6

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Susan, It's me again, Lisca(10). Thank you for you kind comments on my blog. But as you mention food, I have a feeling you have been commenting on my postcard blog, not my WOYWW post. Here is the correct link:
    https://scrappingcavewoman.blogspot.com/2024/09/woyww-wednesday-11-september-2024.html
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.