Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Monday 15 July 2019

Butterfly Challenge I is for Impossible card

I do love the Butterfly challenge -
 it is always a challenge to use some or all of the elements of the wheel including a butterfly. 

This year however it has the additional challenge of a different fold - my crafty friends would tell you I LOVE a fold...

I have an extra challenge at the moment as I am at the start of my 4th week of a 9 week trip to Australia - very little crafty stuff to hand, but still the need to play now and then...

The theme for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge is an Impossible card and she gives instructions on how to make two different versions here

I went for Version 11 but actually made the base slightly bigger to contrast the black against the paper. This is the current wheel:


Inch worm = the colour of grass.

Iceberg =  pale blue/grey.


The first step is to cut a 5 by 7 piece of card... the only piece of A4 card that I had was black so this determined how I designed my card.
I used a paper from a Mini Stack from The Craft Stall.
This included  Imperial Red, and Inch Worm.


The silver butterflies are from a reel of seals.

I wanted to use all the elements from the wheel - so I used the rest in my embellishments - some grey flowers to use all three colours.
The other flowers were made using a small clear stamp with ink from markers to make the red and green flowers.


I added the extra strip with a red 'congratulations' sticker.


Finally I added the small grey pompoms and clear gems.


I will link this to the Butterfly Challenge



Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. I love how you have used versionII to make your card. Hope you're enjoying your trip. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.