Wednesday, 1 June 2016

Milestone - 1000th Blog

It is June 1st and I am writing my 1000th blog!
A Milestone!

So I thought I would show you something different...

When my daughter comes to stay she always wants to craft - but do something exciting!

We have both wanted to do something with melted crayons for a while...
but what and how...

So this is her idea...first we crunched up some wax crayons...


Using my silver bullet we cut out a couple of tree shapes from black card..


Using Mod Podge we added a layer to the canvas and stuck down the trees...




Next a sprinkling of crayon...


...and then apply heat. We discovered the heat gun blew the crayon all over - so had to go from below...






Next I decided to have a go in my journal using a Tim Holt die cut tree...



This time I couldn't apply heat from below so we applied the heat through greaseproof paper which was quite successful...


BUT more of this journal page later...

Happy Crafting!



6 comments:

  1. It's amazing! Great job. :)
    Congrats on your 1000th! That's a lot and to many more to come! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great project and conrats on 1000 posts!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how clever - that's wonderful. I love how you tried something different and the results are awesome :-) I might have a go at that myself. Super creations :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun Susan and well done on 1000 blog posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your milestone. What a lovely way to celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on 1000. Now on to 2000.
    this is a great idea. I think even my ladies
    my like to try this one.
    the trees are fantastic.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!