Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - New Term #3

                This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspir...

Wednesday 29 May 2024

WOYWW #782

        

It is Wednesday so I am linking to the Stamping Ground but not at the usual site. After 15 years Julia has decided to bow out - thanks so much to you for all you have done! The end of an era!

We are so fortunate that Sarah has taken up the baton...

Follow the link to find out more about What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday and maybe join in... This is my post for WOYWW #782 and the second headed by Sarah...

To celebrate the past 15 years l made a handful of ATCs and this is a picture - hopefully they will arrive with some of you soon!


This is the first one I have received - from Lynne - thank you!



So here's my desk:


On my desk today is a box I am upcycling. So far it has some layers of paint. On the desk easel is a recent journal page and a set of swapped ATCs that I have just received - mine is top left.


This week I made some more of those shell jelly fish and put them in charity shop jars.


This is like those I put together with origami cranes. I hope they will be of interest on our stall...


On the way back from Matty's the other day we called in at Gippsland Art Gallery in Sale. It was featuring an exhibition by Annemieke Mein who makes amazing embroideries!



This was one of my favourite exhibits:






 That's all for today - hope to call on you all soon... 

Happy  WOYWW!


13 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, love your jars, they're a great idea. and the exhibition looks amazing no wonder it's one of your favourites. Happy woyww, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping yours from me arrives soon too! I am sometimes surprised by how quick they travel, sometimes not. Your jars are just wonderful. And I love seeing all of the exhibits you manage to visit. That art gallery has some amazing fabric sculptures.
    Happy Knitting Day (for me) WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (1)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those embroidered works of art are truly amazing, I’d have liked to have seen those in the flesh! I like your jellyfish too, they made me smile!! Hope the stall goes well.
    Hugs LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing embroidered art! I wouldn't want to come across that mosquito in the dark though! I love that quote "bloom where you are planted!" Have a wonderful week, Lindart #15

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that piece with the butterflies flying through and the birds watching. Amazing work. Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your lovely ATC, Susan, it arrived today. I love your jellyfish and that exhibition was gorgeous, I love the mountain scene with birds
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 12 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Making quick visits while away as the Wi-Fi is good at the villa. Thanks for joining in and Happy WOYWW. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow! your jars are very unusual! Hoping I can get round today, but I can feel that 'you're very tired...go to sleep' thing coming on. Hope ypu're having a great week so far! Happy WOYWW!?((Lyn))#14

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the journal page and the shell jelly fish are a cool idea. Those embroideries are amazing! happy woyww and have a great weekend - Michelle #13

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh your shell jellyfish really caught my eye and made me smile, love them. Hope my ATC arrives soon. Hugs BJ#6

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that butterfly picture. Wow!
    Feel the same way about your shell jelly fish - how did you do them - would love to make one myself.
    At the caravan so the internet is variable which means I am so late.
    Hugs, Neet 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shells have a hole drilled in the top and then I painted them. I then seperated some yarn and tied them through the hole with the ribbon. I then threaded the ribbon through a circle of cardboard which I stuck in the lid of the charity shop jar. I made some before. I will find the liknk

      Delete
    2. https://susanrenshaw0404.blogspot.com/2024/01/woyww-761.html

      Delete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.