Tuesday, 10 May 2016

Amazing Race Art Journaling Challenge Detour 5 - INDIA


I decided to enter into the Amazing Race Art Journaling Challenge on Facebook

Leg Five is India - but I have yet to finish my journal page...

However I did detour...I lived in Mumbai for a year a couple of years ago - I saw this painted elephant in Ahmedabad - so my page has my attempt at sketching it



I bought these wooden fabric stamps in a Mumbai bazaar - they are pretty well worn but I managed to use the elephant and make some reasonable images.



I started the left hand side by adding some pretty special hand made paper - the next image describes it - and I doodled around the edge.



I then added a fabric cut out of a hand - and then I tried to add a sort of henna design...






Happy Crafting!




4 comments:

  1. I think your journal pages are fantastic, Susan! You have real artistic talent! All the more so because these pages have such personal meaning for you of your trip to Mumbai.

    I was one of the earlier followers of your blog and I'm happy that you are now following me, too! I do apologize that life and health issues have kept me from thanking you until now. I hope to see you again soon! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Darnell! I do hope that things will improve for you soon. Look forward to seeing your makes on your blog...

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind words Darnell! I do hope that things will improve for you soon. Look forward to seeing your makes on your blog...

      Delete
  2. The elephants look good.
    I went on safari several years ago and
    was amazed to be so close to wild animals.
    I've always had a thing for elephants - even
    before the trip.
    Wonderful journal pages.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!