Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Sunday 12 May 2019

Spring/Summer Coffee Lover's Blog Hop 2019 - Round Up and Trivia Winners!


This is my round-up post for the Spring/Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!

I really enjoyed taking part, checking out some of the fab makes from other participarts and challenging myself to complete 20 posts. 


I know you are waiting for the Trivia winners but I would still like to add a couple of new cards before I finish... 'Thanks a Latte' to Amy for all your hard work!


This is a flap fold card and once again I used papers from
 12 by 12 paper pads from The Works, and some of a piece of 'flax yellow' textured 12 by 12 cardstock.

A flap fold card is the theme for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge this month and she gives instructions of how to make one here
My card is based on Version 11 of this tutorial.


I decided my colour scheme also followed the challenge quite well too:


The inside of the card looks like this, with a 'topnote' die cut to write the message on.


I have closed the card with twine and an embellishment - two pieces of white card cut with nesting rectangular stitched dies on red bases - one for the Joy Clair sentiment stamped in brown Hero Hues ink. The other white card is for the image - steam, stamped with the brown but the mug I stamped using the 'kissing' technique. I loaded a leafy background stamp with a red ink, then applied my mug stamp (magazine freebie) to this and then stamped that.
Finally I added a butterfly.


I will link this to the Butterfly Challenge


I then made a yellow version although the photographs look pretty washed out. The background papers look much yellower in reality. This version was made to join in the current Outlawz Colour Challenge.





Inside looks like this with Tim Holtz flower die cuts cut in the flax yellow.




So to the trivia...first I would like to say thank you very much for all the kind comments
 and then thank you to those of you who participated. 
I have had to fold up many little pieces of paper with your names...

These were the Trivia questions, and the answers (all found on the internet):

#1  What percentage of all cups of tea drunk daily in the UK is brewed using teabags?
96%
#2 Which of the following coffee drinks has the largest proportion of milk?
a. Flat White   b. Cappuccino  c. Cafe Latte

#3  How many beans does a coffee tree produce on average each year?

About 10,000   About 6,000   About 4,000  About 1,000 

#4  Who invented teabags and when? A little bit tricky - but I accepted anything from the following:
Tea mythology claims that the teabag was invented by New York tea merchant Thomas Sullivan in 1904 when he sent out samples packed in small silk pouches. That may not be true. As often happens in history, we cannot always look to a single creation event to permanently enshrine a flashpoint of human discovery. Ideas more often simply evolve – as is true with the lowly teabag. It took several inventors and many patents to bring about the gradual rise of teabags a century ago. The forerunner of the teabag can be traced to American patent applications for a mesh infusing apparatus which appeared as early as 1897. Eventually, a patent for an open-mesh, fabric Tea Leaf Holder was filed in 1901 by Roberta Lawson and Mary McLaren of Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
#5 What is used to flavour Earl Grey Tea and who is it named after?
The Earl Grey blend, or "Earl Grey's Mixture", is assumed to be named after Charles Grey, 2nd Earl Grey, British Prime Minister in the 1830s and author of the Reform Bill of 1832. He reputedly received a gift, probably a diplomatic perquisite, of tea flavoured with bergamot oil.

#6 Goat herders invented coffee after they…
A. Had trouble staying awake all night  B. Noticed that eating coffee berries made their goats very lively  C. Ran out of tea

#7  There is only one US state that produces coffee. It is…
A. Florida  B. New Mexico  C. Hawaii

I have picked two winners.........congratulations to........



Denise Bryant

Robyn Oliver


 Please email me your addresses and I will pop your prizes in the post
 (susanrenshaw0404@gmail.com).

Thank you everyone for all the entries - some of you answered every question!!


Happy Crafting!


7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Susan, love the embossed coffee mug and the great fold. Thanks for joining us at The Outlawz Colour Challenge.
    Jacqui
    The Outlawz DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fold, amazing cards and congratulations to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to see that I am one of the winners! Thank you! Sending you my info! Congrats to Robyn also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous versions of the flap fold card. I really like them both. Thank you for trying the fold and coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.