Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Thursday 30 May 2019

LeighSBDesigns Halloween in May Blog Hop - Day #3




Once again Leigh is hosting a Halfway to Halloween Blog Hop - find more details here...

I have had one of Leigh's MerMay images on my desk for weeks but somehow I have not had chance to colour it yet - hopefully I will before the end of the hop!

But today is Pocket Letter Day - and I have three to share with you - the first one I'd like to share is one I made for Half 'o'ween in 2017.


 The skull stamp was a prize from Dream In Darkness.
I started by making my 9 backgrounds - black card matted with 
Ike's freebie Poe Raven Background and then layered with webby ribbon in black and purple. Although I had run out of this I have just found they sell it on one of the stalls on Derby market. I love this webby ribbon!


I then added die cuts to each ATC (The die cuts were all sent me in a RAK from Amanda Phillips)


and placed them in a pocket letter sleeve.


My second pocket letter is one that I made last October
 - but I was quite pleased with it...


It was for a pocket letter swap organised by the facebook Group Oddball Stamps by Lizzy Love

These are the 9 ATCs before I put them in the wallet:


Method:
1. I started with a sheet of paper from The Craft Box - The other Side. I cut a piece that would fit in my printer and printed the bats on it. The bat image was a freebie from the Oddballs Newsletter.
2. I then cut 9 rectangles from this, just smaller than the black cards I had made as my bases.
3. I then used Happy Horrors and Halloween Crowd from Oddball Stamps, printing the images and colouring them with Copics.
4. I then placed the images on the ATCs cutting into sections as required and lengthening the balloon string. Finally I added the sentiments and the words.


I then placed the ATCs in the wallet...


My 3rd and final pocket letter is one I just finished - these are the ATCs I made to start,
They use scraps of grey card matted with a Tim Holtz paper. I then added die cut pieces of background that I had made by adding distress inks to a tree embossing folder and running white card in it through the Big Shot.

  
I added die cut mushrooms owls and bats. These are two of the ATCs - they are all similar.





I then placed them in a folder:


I will link this to the May 27 Post.

Happy Hopping!

(I decided the hopping skeletons had to come back...)



3 comments:

  1. Such much clawesomeness in one post, love all your fab pocket letters! Happy Day 3 of Something Wicked this Way Comes ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked cool pocket letters and ATCs.

    DT Val x
    LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.