Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Monday 14 October 2019

Day 13 of 31 Days of Halloween 2019


Once again Leigh is hosting 31DOH!

Oct 1 - 31, 2019

The Blog Hop  linky party opens Oct 1st at 5 past midnight PDT and ends at midnight on Oct 31st!
  

For more details go to

🎃 LeighSBDesigns annual 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop🎃

I will be sharing today's Halloween make on Leigh's page...Day 1

~~~~~~~

I was trying to write this post last night but Blogger was being unhelpful - hope I will have more success now!

So far I have shared the following pages of my Halloween scrapbook:






Today I will share the next page. However, first I just want to mention hopping through the blog hop - it is amazing to see everyone's creations - so much inspiration!

But also there are reminders of stamps that I already have - and mentions of others that I need to add to my wishlist!
I also must say thank you to Lyneen who mentioned the vintage postcards downloadable from Vintage Image Craft on facebook.

I downloaded and printed these three, small - and made 3 quick ATCs with scraps of card from my stash!!




I was looking for a pumpkin one to add to today's page because my husband just made the first pumpkin lantern of the season (he was actually wanting to use the squash for a recipe).



Image may contain: Kevin Renshaw, smiling


I chose this one:




If Hallow E'en just weren't at night,

It wouldn't be so scary - quite!


This made me think of kids trick or treating - and then reminded me of Pumpkin Marci - a red rubber stamp from La~La Land Crafts.
I wanted to make this the focal point of my next page.




I started by stamping her, colouring her with Copics and cutting her out.
I then combined her with these two tags.

I will link this element to Lost Coast Portal of Creativity 31DOH Challenge

By the way if you nip over to Lost Coast you will find there are Halloween treats...



The technique on the tag to which she is attached is Wrinkle free Distress
Method:
  1. Select four colours of Distress Inks (I used barn door, spiced marmalade, aged mahogany and victorian velvet).
  2. Smear the pads separately onto the craft sheet and spray with mister to form beads of colour.
  3. Take tag and press it into the colour. Remove and heat set.
  4. Repeat to build layers of colour until you are happy with the result.

The technique on the underneath tag is an embossed and blended background

Method:
  1. Run tag through the Big Shot in an embossing folder.
  2. Ink with a variety of colours of Distress Ink with an ink blending tool.
  3. Add Distress around the edges.

I added this to my page which was first layered with a paper from Winnie Wednesday  Halloween bundle
from Polkadoodles



I then added Leigh's Stack of Carved Pumpkins coloured with Copics and cut out.





I will also add this to LeighSBDesigns Facebook Fan Group Challenge.
Find the Fan Group here


Please pop by to see more of my 31DOH Halloween makes... and maybe answer some of my Spot Prizes - all your names will go in the hat and prize winners will be announced at the beginning of November.


Please email the answers to susanrenshaw0404@gmail.com

Spot Prize 5 - a pumpkin trivia question...


 In North and South America, what did archaeologists find to show that pumpkins had been around for hundreds of years?
(a) Pottery with pumpkin designs and shapes
(b) Seeds in old pots
(c) Mosaic art on walls
(d) Paintings on Caves


Happy Day 13 of 31DOH!




10 comments:

  1. Glad you found Vintage Image Craft... I love thier postcards... WHat busy day for you! All the woderful ATCs and your next page withe Stacked Carved Pumpkins and Winnie Wednesday tag! What a delight! Happy 31 DOH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fantastic page! Love your pumpkin..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous additions to your book....I do love these Carved Pumpkins,

    Val DT LeighSBDesigns x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your halloween page - the little girl on the tag is adorable and the stacked pumpkins are great! thanks for joining the lost coast design challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you made the tags. That Marcie is really cute. Another fab page. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hubby made a fabulous lantern. And your page is a perfect reflection of his first of the season.. Love all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Day 13! What a treat to see my Stack o’ Carved Pumpkins on today’s faBOOlois spread! Thank you for using my designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A jack-o-lantern page! Oh, I like this! The postcards are wonderful! And seeds...maybe lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.