Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Saturday 16 May 2020

Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge #490 - Candy Cane


a new Christmas Challenge every Saturday!

Today Crafty Hazelnut brings a new weekly Christmas Challenge
with the theme 'Add a candy cane'.

Do pop over and see the fabulous inspiration from my teamies!


If you enter you could win a prize...


M & C Boutique
Paper stack
21 x 15 cm * 16 sheets
2 x 8 dessigns * 250 GSM

I have two makes to share - Christmas decorations rather than cards:



As you know I have recently moved from the UK to Australia... Until now most of my cards have been already made and scheduled, allowing for my lack of stash - but our shipping should be delivered on Wednesday!
Today I had to start from scratch - and then we had a power cut! So all my plans had to be rethought. I had several images to choose from on my computer but I obviously couldn't print them...

So what to do?

Fortunately my daughter had been saving toilet roll tubes - so with a bit of white plumber's tape and ribbon (and using 7 or 8 tubes) I made this:


I remembered an idea I had seen on line... find it here!

Then when the power eventually came back on - after several hours and a visit from the electricity people, I quickly got my Cricut on the job to make this tree decoration - my other idea had been to make a card featuring a Cricut cut...

This svg file was a free one from the internet - there are many!




I hope you will join the
CHNC Challenge 490





Happy Crafting!




2 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to ask if your home contents had safely arrived. Good luck for Wednesday. Your large candy cane was a super make over. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for thinking of us Valery Anne! The shipping arrived a little while ago and was cleared through quarantine/customs - we had to put it into storage for a week or so while we were waiting to see where we were going to move to. We have decided on a rental to start off with and we pick up the keys tomorrow. The utilities should also be organised for tomorrow and the Internet on Tuesday. Then the shipping on Wednesday. We also pick up a new car on Tuesday. Not sure when we will actually leave Sophie's yet as we need to buy a few things still...

      I have kept looking off and on for a Version 2 X fold - and notice that it is now there - hope to have a go!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.