Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Thursday 14 May 2020

Any Fin is possible...

The ATC UK swap group that I belong to has just announced that the current theme is
 'Easel ATC cards'
so I thought I would have a go at making some...

As I had lots of scraps on my worktable from previous projects I thought I would again use the colour scheme  "Terracotta and Turquoise"
and also use real rubber stamps so that I could link today's ATCs to the


I made two ATCs...


For each one, I started by making a base with a 7 by 2.5 inch piece of terracotta cardstock, scoring at 1.75" and 3.5" along the 7" side. I also needed a normal piece of card 2.5 by 3.5 to make the ATC part.
To each base and ATC I added scraps from crafterschoice Minerals 12 by 12 paper pad.


I wanted to use a piece of 'Brushos through a stencil' background on the ATCs - and tried to emboss directly in black with a number of fish-y stamps (unbranded) on this.


I was not too happy with the result embossing this seahorse - so all the rest of the elements I embossed on some of the terracotta cardstock and cut them out.


I put the shells on dimensionals to make the stands to keep the easels in place.


And - although these are not mermaids - Any Fin is possible - so I am going to add them to 
 LeighSB Designs MerMay Blog Hop - Day 14.





For more details hop over to Leigh's page

(Definitely my last post for this hop!!)

Happy Crafting!



4 comments:

  1. Fabulous ATC easels!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards, beautiful sea life fish and shells, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS IDEA... I host a swap group... If you don't mind I am going to use your idea!!!! GREAT ATCs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cool. I made a couple of easel ATC once a long time ago. Maybe time to revisit. Love how you used the shell to keep the easel open. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.