Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Sunday 17 May 2020

What to do with Washi?

I don't often use Washi but you may have seen that I have used it on a few cards recently...mainly as just strips here and there...


Or as a low tack tape to transfer Cricut cut pieces... or for keeping masks and dies in place.




Anyway I threw up a challenge to some crafty friends to see what they do with washi - and they have given me a few ideas...

Firstly, I covered two pieces of cardstock with strips of Washi.
For the first card I die cut 'create' from the centre (Tim Holtz die) and having cut a number more of the word made this into a 'chipboard'.






For my second pair of cards I found an intricate die, intending to use both positive and negative.


I merely placed the kangaroo and the sentiment on a black glossy card blank.
This kangaroo is a NBUS so I will link this card to NBUS Challenge 14


I then attached the negative piece to a card blank.
I then started looking in my scraps for paper to cut the dies again to insert in the gaps.
I decided red didn't show up too well.


So in the end I went for a layer of black...





I will link this to Pixie's Snippets Playground #378

By the way I discovered washi is quite useful for removing the bits from a die...


Happy Crafting!



4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous snippets 'Skippy' this is Susan! Love how you used your washi tape - great resulst! BTW, always feel you can say Yes to prizes in the Playground - I always am very happy to post overseas. Not actually visiting the Post Office right now but am hanging onto prizes until it's safe to venture out again. You got away just in time it seems.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right Di!! Fortunately out house finallysfinally on February 18th and we flew out a week later. Not sure what would have happened had plans been for later. We now have the keys to our rental, the shipping has arrived and we are unpacking. We didn't bring a huge amount... So will be camping out to some extent until we decide what else we need. Post is very slow to here. I received 2 letters yesterday that has taken 6 weeks to come. I know I have at least 2 international packets somewhere in transit!! Lovely when they arrive!!

      Delete
  2. Our house finally finalised!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great tips to use that box of washi tape. Maybe I might try this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.