Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Sunday 1 November 2020

I'd like to be a teabag...

This is my make for the DT team of Outlawz


Sunday - Songs and Rhymes

The  challenge for this month  is to take inspiration from this poem
 (which was a favourite of my Dad's):


I’d like to be a Teabag

l’d like to be a teabag,
And stay at home all day –
And talk to other teabags
In a teabag sort of way . . .

l’d love to be a teabag;
And lie in a little box –
And never have to wash my face
Or change my dirty socks . . .

l’d like to be a teabag,
An Earl Grey one perhaps,
And doze all day and lie around
With Earl Grey kind of chaps.

l wouldn’t have to do a thing,
No homework, jobs or chores –
Comfy in my caddy
Of teabags and their snores.

l wouldn’t have to do exams
l needn’t tidy rooms,
Or sweep the floor or feed the cat
Or wash up all the spoons.

I wouldn’t have to do a thing,
A life of bliss – you see . . .
Except that once in all my life

I`d make a cup of tea!

By Peter Dixon


Note:  The theme doesn’t have to be taken literally.  You may use any word or phrase out of it for your project.
Here is my card:


For this month our sponsor is: Lemon Shortbread

with a prize of 3 images!

Etsy Shop

Blog

Facebook Group

I have used Autumn Park Girl

My card is another in a series, having already made these to a similar design:


Again I started with a white card blank matted with the black then a paper from Stampin Up.
This time I just added the Dyan Reaveley edge stamps with a little added colour from markers. 
I added the Lemon Shortbread image coloured with markers and the sentiment words and teabag stamp from Joy Clair.
These cards are all based on ones that I made during the September virtual retreat that I attended - and I had stamped out lots of the edge stamps!


You will find this on the Outlawz  Sunday Songs and Rhymes Challenge on November 1st


Happy Crafting!

PS The Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Hop starts on November 6th



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.