Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Sunday 25 July 2021

LeighSBDesigns Christmas in July Blog Hop #19

         

Once again LeighSBDesigns is hosting a blog hop.
 
This time it is to celebrate CHRISTMAS in JULY

I am still making ICADs (Index Card A Day, over June and July) and I am adding a couple to this post...sometimes I have to catch up and make three!

A couple of days ago I joined in with a Zoom Craft and Chat with the UK Stampers Network. Mickey was demonstrating a technique which I tried some time later - these days it is too early to take part at the actual time, with the current time difference - I am usually still in my dressing gown!

The process was to cut a wobbly mask from a piece of acetate and then use it to make a shape using Distress Oxides - blended with brushes.
I then added a chipboard made by layering up diecuts.
I then added splatter using white gloss spray.

I made the create index card but also used a version to add to my mixed media calendar page for September - I am trying to get a little ahead. Last year I was making pages half way through the month...


~~~~~~~~

My next index card is celebrating Christmas in July.
I used a Tattered Lace embossing Folder with rustic wilderness Distress Oxide smeared through it. After adding a piece of white card and running it through my Big Shot, I had enough background to make two index cards, matted on green card.


I decided to make the first one with a focus of a sentiment (like create above).
I printed the sentiment from Santa Sandy Oddleigh, trimmed it and placed it on green card.
I added silver sparkle to the spaces in the letters.


I will add this to Leigh's Linky. 



Happy Crafting!


1 comment:

  1. Oooooh gorgeous, love that holly embossing folder and my senti is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for using LeighSBDesigns digi stamps and playing in our Christmas in July hop!
    Stay Crafty and Safe!
    Leigh
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.