Over the last couple of days I have been thinking about 'Less is More' cards,
mainly with regard to postage rates!!
Anyway, as today is Remembrance Day I thought I would make a
'Lest we forget' card.
I bought this poppies die whilst at the Harrogate Papercrafting Exhibition and have been wanting to use it ever since - but my Big Shot is only just out of storage!
I found the die a little difficult to use - taking the image out without breaking the stems was a little tricky - next time I will be more careful, choosing appropriate paper/cardstock.
This is my card:
Basically I adhered the die-cut to a black pre-folded card blank and added ribbon threaded through punched slits, secured with a tiny brad.
I printed the sentiment using my computer and cut it into an oval.
I matted it onto red card and attached it with dimensionals.
I am a little disappointed that the photo has made the ribbon seem a totally different red
- in reality it tones well!
I am submitting this card to
My next card also with a minimalist approach is a Birthday card.
I recently was a winner in Pattie's Creations Design Challenge 'Orange and Black'
and won two of Pattie G's digi's.
One that I chose was of Black eyed Susan's which I thought was appropriate!
I coloured the image with Promarkers and cut it to shape with an oval die.
I added micro beads to the 'black eyes' to give some texture.
I stamped the sentiment (from Fiskars Make a Wish quotes), matted it on green card and used adhesive foam tabs to give it some dimension.
Finally I added a button with thread tied through it as an embellishment.
I am submitting this to
My next card is a Christmas card -
and this really is 'Less is More' - just one layer of card.
I have been thinking of ways of making a Christmas tree design using the letters of Christmas.
Here I used my Fiskars stamping press with an arrangement of letters and a base stamp
and an additional S stamp.
I used Versamark and then red embossing powder
to form the letters and the 'Warm wishes' block.
I used a green Promarker to define the tree.
This should not cost a lot to post!!
I am submitting this to Challenges and Sweets #20 - CAS
Finally I move on to a Thank you card...again one layer of card...
Here I worked directly onto the pre-folded card blank.
Firstly I masked the rectangular area and sprayed with a variety of misters.
After this had dried I overprinted with the stamp and Versafine
(stamp from Stampin Up Best Blossoms).
After removing the masks I stamped the 'thanks so much' stamp
(stamp from Stampin Up 8 Great Greetings).
I am submitting this to
Hope you like my cards!