Friday, 18 April 2014

LOC Midway Reminder Challenge #29:- Limited Runs and Smeared Ink - Anything Goes - Dark themed!


The current challenge at LOC is Anything Goes - Dark Themed,

 sponsored by Limited Runs and Smeared Ink


My DT card uses Limited Runs Whootie Owl bonus set. 

I wanted to try out gilding flakes techniques on this card.
I started off with a Docrafts Papermania brown square card blank made from recycled paper and matted it with dark brown card from my scrap folders.
I printed the owl digi on another brown card and cut the image down to fit.

I wanted a feather image on the left hand side so I found a Darkroom Door rubber stamp for this. The technique is to make a 'glue pad' using some foam and glue - I used Cosmic Shimmer Flake and Glitter Glue - and then apply this to the stamp. 

I then used Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes by applying them to the glue and pressing down. I used a rough sponge to remove the excess.

For the small dots on the right hand owls I used a pen-type Quickie Glue and applied the gilding flakes in a similar manner.

(These techniques are courtesy of a tutorial on Facebook's Mad Crafters Giggles

Final touches to the card are a little Promarker and some liquid pearls for the beaks...

Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!