Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Sunday 20 January 2019

Leigh SB's 4th Annual Poe Appreciation Day Blog Hop - Day 1





2019 POE BLOG HOP

The hop starts on January 19 at 9am PST and is a progressive hop spanning over 5 days.
Sign up not required...simply join the hop at any time before 5 to midnight PST on January 23 to join the fun!

Find more details here 

To start I am just sharing pictures of my Poe ATC box that I made last year -

hopefully over the next few days I will have some new makes to show you.




For my box I started with an empty wooden whisky case - just right for upcycling!!




I discovered the box was just the right size for ATC storage!

Anyway, first I covered top and sides with a paper from a Tim Holtz idea-ology paper stash, distressed round the edges with black soot.




I then started decorating this with images printed on a grunge/steampunk paper from
 Imagine That Digistamps and matted on black card.


The raven and sentiments are from Vera Lane Edgar Allan Poe




The next set are stamped with archival ink using Smeared Ink stamps (sadly a company who no longer trade)




I attached these to the sides of my box...









 I then added the images on the top. I printed these on the grunge/steampunk paper from Imagine That Digistamps and matted them on black card. I then used a variety of markers to add colour.
The middle element on the top uses Ike's Poe Death Bed,.


On the right of this I have an ATC using a sentiment from Vera Lane Edgar Allan Poe




And to the left - of course - Leigh's Oddleigh Edgar Allan Poe



This is the top of the box...





I added a heart embellishment which just seemed to be destined for this box...



Next the inside - again I covered top and bottom with a paper from a Tim Holtz idea-ology paper stash, and then added an assortment of elements again using images printed on that grunge/steampunk paper from Imagine That Digistamps and matted on black card.




Again I used Ike's Poe's Death bed




Poe is from Vera Lane Edgar Allan Poe




And then my favourite cat digi from Smeared Ink.




Next we have Leigh's Oddleigh Raven Nevermore



The next ATC is stamped with archival ink using a Smeared Ink rubber stamp
 (sadly a company who no longer trade)



And last but not least I have Ike's Raven Poe





I attached these to the inside of my box...



My next task was to start filling it with ATCs - I hope to add a few more over the next few days...




I will add this post to the linky!

Happy Crafting!



6 comments:

  1. Happy Poe Appreciation Day Susan, so thrilled to have you joining in on my Hop again this & delighted to see your gorgeous box again! Thank you for using my designs, such a treat ;0).
    Hugs
    Leigh
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous creations and I love to see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous box Susan, love all the ATCs.

    Val
    DT for LeighSBDesigns
    xx




    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous collection of Poe pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So amazing and superb up-cycling :-) Thanks for using some of my images on there xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.