Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Wednesday 4 May 2022

WOYWW #674

    WOYWW

Wednesday again, so I am linking to the Stamping Ground

Follow the link to find out more about What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday and maybe join in... This is my post for WOYWW #674

In a couple of weeks it is the 13th Anniversary of WOYWW - so I am looking forward to swap some ATCs with the theme CONNECTIONS - which is what WOYWW is all about...

This is where I am working today: 


I recently took part in another virtual retreat - but what with one thing or another, I still have many of the workshops to finish. On my computer desk above you can see a kit I received to make some junk cards. The first task was to dye that white lace with a teabag to make it blend in.


Hopefully I will be able to share the cards next week!
I did finish a couple of workshops. This was my journal page after one by Niamh Baly:


Using the rest of my leaves I then made this page - you may have noticed this die on my desk last week - it was a new acquisition and I couldn't wait to use it!


Another work shop was by Marlene of 'Art by Marlene' - and this was my journal page after watching this.


I still have quite a few workshops to catch up with...

When I lived in the UK I was a member of the UK Stampers Network - and I am still a member from afar. This means I can join in with the fortnightly Zoom meetings - although with the current time difference it means I have to get up very early! Anyway on Friday I joined one of these Zooms and the shared technique was 'Rip and Flip' cards. I made these:


I joined in another Zoom last night - this time for the Book Group I am in here- rather than meet face to face, it was decided to have a Zoom as the hostess had had some Covid contact. The book we were discussing was 'Klara and The Sun' by Kazuo Ishiguro.
 Have any of you read it?

Another thing I have been doing is this jigsaw - rather a lot of blue!!


At the weekend I went with Dan, Lizzie and Ollie to Ashcombe Maze - and saw beautiful Autumn colours. I still find it hard to think that May is Autumn...





Happy WOYWW!

13 comments:

  1. Hellooo Susan, I have my tea and coffee out to dye some stain some fabric and papers later ... love the scent in the air. You have been super busy ... loving all the photos and bet the workshops were fab! Wishing you a fab week ahead, stay cosy love and hugs Tracy #8 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work on all your pages, lovely fall photos, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy again Susan. Zoom is great for keeping in touch both near and far. Loving the journal pages. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your pages, the autumnal photographs are gorgeous. Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely autumn colours, nice place to visit! You’ve been busy this week with your various projects.
    Hugs LLJ 3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one busy week Susan and great results too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous artwork and such lovely autumn colours. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless. Caro xxx (#10)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your workshops looked total fun! I love Niamh's work. It would take me a lifetime to understand May is autumn, lol! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m not surprised SUsan, that beautiful autumnal photograph seems quite bizarre for May. I wonder if it will ever become second nature! You’ve had a gorgeous crafting week I must say, the ‘reach for the moon’ text was one that my Mum liked to use and makes me smile so much..as does the flamingo, he’s just fab!
    Klara and The Sun - I listened to it as an audio book soon after its release. I’m a fan of KI’s immaculate and understated writing. It didn’t help me though, I’m a bit baffled by Klara and would happily have a book club explain it to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Susan, the virtual retreat workshops sound fun. And I do like the way you've used leaves to create angel wings and flamingo tail feathers ... one worth remembering. The colours of autumn are my favourites and they are beautiful in your photos. I think I would find autumn in May odd too. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #9

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cards and have never been to aa maze, bet it was fun.
    Take care and stay safe,

    Lilian B #12

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the moon and the stars one and the last Orange one, really nice! I have been to a couple of mazes, can't remember where they were now, but great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ps...Happy WOYWW ((Lyn)) #5

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.