Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Friday 6 December 2013

A couple of sketches or so...

My first sketch is from Seize the Sketch Challenge #9

A lovely simple sketch...


 I always have lots of 'bits and bobs' around my craft room -
 I save everything and like to recycle!
I came across this tag that had been on a Mother's Day gift from my daughter - very sparkly!



I layered it up and trimmed it and adhered it to a card base matted and layered with black card then a turquoise DP (from my scraps).
Finally I stamped the 'Christmas gift' stamp from 'Stampendous' in the corner.
I am submitting this to


My next sketch is Stella Says Sketch #147 and is part of Bugaboo's


I decided to use Digi Darla's Holly and Berries again -
 coloured with Promarkers and with gems added.
Although I bought this digi it is available as a Freebie with



The image and its matching oval mount were cut using the Big Shot and nesting dies.
I used white card, Christmas red card for the banners, DP from Papermania's 12 Days of Christmas and a Paperchase Christmas paper ribbon.

I am submitting this to 

I am just going to add one more card to this post...if you have been reading my blog before you will know that I recently moved to India - but still wanted to make and post all my usual Christmas cards. I was rewarded by a couple of my first batch arriving in the UK in 4 days! Fantastic! Not sure about other parts of the world!
 I am now about to post my 3rd batch.

Anyway because of posting around the world I have been trying to make small, light cards as far as possible. This is a very simple one using a purchased tag to complete it. Just some red card, Papermania DP and a stamped image:


I am submitting this to


Happy Crafting!!


16 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your cards with us at SEM. They are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did the tag...how fun! Thanks so much for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most definately a wow Christmas CArd.

    fiona DT
    TTPH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards, thank you for joining us at The Crafters Cafe Lots of Red Challenge this week.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Cards.
    Love the flower on the first one.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gorgeous Christmas card. Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at Catch The Bug.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great project, very cute!! We appreciate you taking the time to join our Holiday Chaos Event! Hope you get to play along all week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the snowflakes and colors! simply elegant and classic! thanks for joining us over at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely! I love your DP!
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty cards. I love the blue and silver colour combo. Thank you for joining us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, your card is absolutely lovely! I love the poinsietta and papers!
    So glad you joined us in our Stella Says Holiday Chaos challenge at Catch The Bug. :) Becky G Bugaboo DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome cards, love seeing how Seize the Sketch inspired you!
    Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards Susan
    Have a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  14. very pretty. Love that snowflake paper. thanks for sharing with us at SEM.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty! Thanks for playing with us this week at The Crafter’s Cafe Challenge Blog! Hope to see your work in our next challenge!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are gorgeous! I love the color of your papers you used! The one with the tag is my favorite :)
    THANKS for sharing with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles. Don't forget to join us again for January 2014 Challenge at Scrapping Everyday Miracles http://scrappingeverydaymiracles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.