Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Monday 16 December 2013

Butterflies and Rosettes and gift boxes



During 2013,  these butterflies and rosettes have almost become my trademarks.
The rosettes are from a Tim Holtz die, the butterflies from Stampin Up's 'Beautiful Wings' tied together in a group of three. I tend to glue on just one wing of the butterfly to add some dimension.


I have used some of the butterflies on this butterfly shaped card, having first used papers from my scraps to cover it.
The paperclip bow I made with help from a My Chicnscratch tutorial.
The Happy Birthday I stamped into a little tablet some time ago - I found it in my 'bit box'!

At this time of year though I find myself making little gift boxes...


This was not a Christmassy one - basically the Long Triangle box from Sissix decorated with various embellishments.

But then I wanted a more festive idea - I saw an idea on Created by Bianca -
 and this is my version.
I wanted a box shaped base to put a small present in,
 but then the tree shapes tie together to close it.
On the front I added a LEJ Designs freebie - 'Surprise'!


7 comments:

  1. Susan your card and box are gorgeous i love your homemade rosette
    Thanks for joining us this week over at LEJ Designs challenge blog.
    Good Luck with the challenge
    Hugs
    Marie (DT for LEJ Designs)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late comment! I love your beautiful boxes ! Fantastic idea! Thank you for sharing your work with TTCRD this past week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Gift boxes!! Thanks for linking up with 3 Girl JAM' s Holiday Gifts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project. Love the colours.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great projects here! Thanks for joining the Holiday Gifts challenge at 3Girl JAM. Julie O, DT member
    http://muddypawsinkyfingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome projects!
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with the 3GJ Holiday Gifts w/Ribbon Challenge!
    Jessica
    3GJ~DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.