Saturday, 27 August 2016

Mixed Media

I am currently on holiday in Australia
and am trying to catch up with anything I can do on my laptop at odd times...

I realised I hadn't blogged this August page of my mixed media calendar - so before it is September here we are:


I started this calendar in January  - you may have seen each month's 'page'...but these are the details of the back plate if you haven't...



I started with a piece of plywood 'burned' with electricity
 as detailed here in my blog in November.
I painted around the edge with black gesso.

I added square cards using rings at the top.
These cards will flip over for successive months.
I added a calendar pad at the bottom on layers




 of red card and DP from Graphic 45 An Eerie Tale.

August's card features this delightful frog
 that I obtained from Scrappers Delights Facebook group
but it is also available here Ta Da Frog


The background is part of a photo I took of the allotment pond, printed on some card and trimmed to size. I just used scraps of red and yellow card to mat and layer and the Inkadinkado August stamp.



Now I have to start thinking about September!!




I will link this to More Mixed Media Challenge Anything Goes with Optional Bright Colours.

Happy Crafting!


2 comments:

  1. Very interesting design, Susan! Great work with this August page!
    DigiClub | Facebook Group | Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the frog popping out of the pond.
    the waterlilies look great.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!