Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Sunday 30 June 2019

Butterfly Challenge H is for hinged card

I was delighted to be a winner in the last Butterfly challenge so decided I would try and enter the current one although I am on holiday...

The theme for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge is a hinged card and she gives instructions on how to make two different versions here

I hope to have a go at these when I get home although I am not sure if I have a square filigree type die. I will also use the tip to use the waxed paper...

Currently I am in Australia - this is my second make just using whatever I have to hand. I have one stamp - Kaisercraft's Flutter - and black Versacolour ink. I used these on my July calendar page, with a touch of colour using a woodless crayon and a strip of washi.


In my card I used the triple stamping technique, stamping across three hexagons cut from parchment. I added colour using a real brush pen.



I have cut two hexagons from card, one with a flap, to make my hinged card. Having stuck these together I then started to embellish it using card from an assorted colour 6 by 6 pad from The Paper Mill and papers from Crate Paper's Bloom.
Looking at the Butterfly wheel, I have tried to use hunter's green and hot pink.

This is the inside:


I added an extra butterfly stamped on the pinkish card and cut out.
Finally I added some stick pins:



I will link this to the Butterfly Challenge


The current Crash your Stash Challenge at Outlawz is to use pins - so i will enter this card there too...

Happy Crafting!


1 comment:

  1. Your hexagon card is so pretty. With only limited supplies you have created a stunner. I have that stamp too. Thank you for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me . Enjoy the rest of your holiday. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.