Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Wednesday 9 September 2020

WOYWW 588 - What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday?

WOYWW   

It's Wednesday and I am showing you one of my desks again...
linking this post to the Stamping Ground.

Thanks again to those of you who visited last week and thanks for your kind comments!
I hope I managed to visit you - and leave a comment, if rather brief...

Here's my desk picture for WOYWW 588!


This was what it looked like this morning,
 as I finished that 'red' journal page - paint, Distress ink and Archival! 

You can see a couple of folded pieces of cardboard from packaging - I intend making them into mini-journals.
I was delighted to receive this piece of packaging this week - this is definitely going to be upcycled!


You can also see my September calendar - still in a bubble! Looks as though we will not be out of lockdown any time soon! At least the daily new case numbers are less than 100 now...


Having put the journal to one side, I then made a Birthday Card for my oldest son - he is 40 tomorrow, but no celebrations! It is a multi panel accordian fold card. My husband has just nipped to put it through his door.


Great excitement today as my goodies arrived for the virtual retreat I am attending on Friday, Saturday and Sunday - these kits (plus a few extras):


Can't wait!

I must share last night's sunset - pretty spectacular!


But that's all for today - Happy WOYWW!


10 comments:

  1. Good Morning, I was not able to link up but found a few who could and have time to visit. It's fun to get mail with the recycle stuff added to the huge boxes they send tiny items in. Have fun with the journal. Ridged cardboard is fun to use. Will be fun to see what you do with your retreat items. AND I love your card I've yet to try that. Was a fun visit, Stay Safe and Enjoy things you love Like that beautiful Sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your desk looks well organized and a bit busy. Great calendar and the birthday card is amazing! Fun kits! Love the sunset! Have a great week!
    Carol N #8

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely tidy and well organised desk, Susan. Your card is stunning and I'm sure it will go down very well with the recipient! 40 is quite a milestone, not just for your son, but I expect for you, too! Like you, I love using cardboard packaging and other recycled materials. It's free, and makes you feel oh-so-virtuous, doesn't it!!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sunset is fabulous. our numbers are going up which isn't good so things are getting restricted again... hey ho in it for the long haul! have a great week. Helen #16

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your birthday card looks very clever, I'm sure he will love it. Wow ~ a virtual retreat sounds like a fun idea ~ Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm afraid packaging card is my obsession, I especially love the corrugated stuff. How sad am I Lol! Beautiful photograph too. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela Xnow 13X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan, great looking birthday card - I have yet to try to make one of those. I have some coloured corrugated card that I haven't used yet - not sure what to do with it, so I'll keep an eye on what you do. Have a lovely week, take care Heather xx #14

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHat a lovely card Susan. Hope your son has a good if different birthday. Enjoy your virtual workshop. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #22

    ReplyDelete
  9. That card looks amazing Susan! Thanks for sharing your lovely sunset too
    Stay safe
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts #4

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card for your son. The kits for the virtual retreats look really exciting. Happy Belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe, With love & God Bless. Caro xxx (#6)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.