Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Sunday 31 January 2021

Butterfly Challenge H is for Herringbone


This is a Herringbone card and is the current theme for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge  and I will link this card there.

I am afraid I have not managed to link to the Butterfly Challenge for some time - during the latter part of last year I lost my mojo somewhat - hopefully this is the start of a new leaf...

 Mrs A gives instructions for these here with the following associated wheel. 
This is version 1.


Firstly I followed Mrs A's instructions to form the classic Herringbone pattern. I used papers from my scraps which were included the colours Heatwave, Hansa yellow and Hazel.
Amazing how the photos show up the gaps in my strips that I had not noticed in reality!



I trimmed the background slightly to size to be just smaller than a kraft card base. I added a banner and sentiment (stamped from Stampin Up Comfort and Hope set). I the added some butterflies using Stampin Up's Beautiful Wings - an old favourite!
Finally some scraps of hemp to make the larger butterfly antennae.

Lots of snippets here - I will also link this card to Pixie's Crafty Workshop Challenge #395



Happy Crafting!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, glad you have found your Mojo. I love the fluttering of butterflies across your card. I was having a sort through my butterfly drawer and found my set. A firm favourite with me too and not used for ages so must remedy.
    Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs A's herringbones are rife here in the Playground and such a great way to use up snippets! A really nice card - and I didn't spot any gaps. We are our own worst critics I think :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.