Featured Post

WOYWW # 773

It is Wednesday so  I am linking  to the  Stamping Ground Follow the link to find out more about  What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday  an...

Saturday 12 February 2022

Think Pink!

Pink is not a colour I use very much - but it can be very beautiful... a recent sunset...


and the Oleander in the garden...


So when Carolyn Dube's playstarter prompt this week was beautiful, I decided to go pink...

I am adding to a junk journal made of upcycled cardboard pieces - this page started with a background using Gelatos.


A new stencil (Studio Light MASKSL50)  had arrived in the post - so I used this with Dina Wakley Magenta acrylic as a next layer. I added a little piece of book paper bottom left (showing the word beautiful).


I then added hearts die cut from Leigh's Raggedy Hearts background, printed and coloured with markers. I added picked raspberry Distress Ink around each heart.


I also added this Distress Ink on the book paper.


Finally I added flowers, stamped with Altenew (Brush Art Floral) stamps in three colours of pink from my Distress Ink collection, cut out and with added black fineliner.


I will link this page to Leigh's 2022 Challenge #2 Let Love Bloom



The current challenge at Lost Coast Portal to Creativity is Think Pink so I will also add this page there.




Happy Crafting!



 

4 comments:

  1. This is SO pretty Susan! hanks so much for joining in with us at Lost Coast Designs and have a very happy week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful piece Susan, love the use of the Raggedy Hearts background with the floral flowers!
    Thanks for joining in our challenge!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous spread, love how you combined my designs on the hearts! Thanks for using my designs on this beauty and joining in on the fun over at LeighSBDesigns Inspiration Blog!
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink is certainly beautiful and totally gorgeous on your journal page! The stenciling and the Raggedy Hearts in Hearts and those fabulous roses just amp up the layered goodness of the page! The torn page with the word beautiful is an awesome touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.