Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Wednesday 7 September 2022

WOYWW #692

          WOYWW

Wednesday again, so I am linking to the Stamping Ground

Follow the link to find out more about What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday and maybe join in... This is my post for WOYWW #692

Last week I only realised it was Wednesday when it was too late! We were over at son Matty's looking after the girls so I didn't do a lot of crafting. My main crafty pastime was embroidering a few motifs to add to aperture cards.


Anyway to get back to today - I am writing this in advance as this evening we are going to see 

and I am hoping I will just be able to link this on my phone...

This is where I have been working today - the utility room surface:


You can see two picture frames that I am decorating using Finnabair rust effect paste. You can also see a journal page that I am working on.

Mainly this week I have been making cards for DT posts so I cannot share but I have made three of the faux stepper cards for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge - I thought this fold was a quick and easy make:


I have been continuing to add a daily row to my temperature blanket - now over one third of the second half done. Eventually I will crochet them together. I am not sure how or which way yet.


The worst job is always working in the loose ends - and at the weekend, my dear daughter asked me to help do this job for a blanket she is making...


I am just starting another jigsaw - have you seen them? Impossibles - with no edges and 5 extra pieces. This one came from Aldi here.


I think it will take rather a long time!

To finish, last night's sunset:


Anyway, all for now - see you next week...

Happy WOYWW!

12 comments:

  1. Morning Susan. Glorious sunset photo. Our sunset last night was somewhat obliterated before its time as the rain clouds came across. Hmm... not quite my style in jigsaws, I admit. But I do trust you get it finished! I'm with you - it is going to take quite a while! Enjoy your picture frames.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #11

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. That's the second time this week that I've seen a reference to a faux stepper card. On my list to do.
    I hate sewing in the ends! Take care. Anne x 11

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helloooo Susan,I am in looooove with your temperature blanket ... the colours are so beautiful 😍 🤩 👌 Adore the sunset 📸 photo. Oh my giddy aunt not sure I could cope with extra bits with the jigsaw 😄😁😆 I need sides 🙃goood luck ⭐ I ook forward to hearing how it goes. Sending love and hugs Tracy #12 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan, every time I see someone with a jigsaw I am full of guilt as I bought some beauties during lockdown and then never opened the boxes....naughty girl! The colours on that blanket are amazing, look forward to seeing how it progresses. Loving the insects too. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x10x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blanket is coming on beautifully. You seem to have been fairly crafty. Love the sunset. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  6. An impossible jigsaw? Now that sounds very difficult, you might say impossible! 🤣🤣. Seriously I wouldn’t know where to start. Happy WOYWW. Angela #16

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like jigsaws Susan but not enought to do one with no edge to get started lol. The blanket is looking great. Enjoy the show! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you have so much more patience than me - I wouldn’t even think to attempt that jigsaw! And I love jigsaws but that one would defeat me from the get go, so well done you. Love the colours on the temperature blanket and well done you for sewing in the loose ends, I don’t mind doing that if there’s something on the telly!
    Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan, I like your faux stepper cards, they look very smart. The best thing I ‘ve found for weaving in ends is the Susan Bates finishing needles. You can reverse them do they’re speedy.
    Your temperature blanket is lovely and the sunset photo looks beautiful.
    Take care
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 15

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have certainly had a crafty time of it lately - so many different crafts being explored here. I bet the aperture cards look lovely when finished with that embroidery in them.
    Hugs, Neet xx 6

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all that you're doing! You are definitely one busy gal! Hope you have a great week!
    Carol N #17

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my that is certainly an interesting jigsaw. Love the blanket. Sorry to hear about your house handover, what a pickle. Our sofas, chair & footstool finally came, so much better for our ageing backs. Very sad about our Queen passing though, what a time. BJ#5

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.