Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Monday 29 February 2016

Christmas cards

Last day to enter my candy!! Winner post tomorrow!


My resolution to make 3 Christmas cards per week so I don't have to go bananas in November
is already falling by the wayside.
By now I think I should have maybe 24 cards - I think I have 18!

Entering challenges like the Rudolph Days Challenge helps...
so here's my entry...

This will be a very quick post as Kevin is already saying we need to get on...


I decided to make some cards using sheet music as the background and I thought
 "While Shepherds watched"
would be good behind Bugaboo's 'Merry Christmas to ewe!'

I combined the picture and the sentiment in Word, printed it out and added some colour using Promarkers and glitter glue.

I combined this with some die cut shapes:


The final touch was to add some ribbon...





Happy Crafting!!


11 comments:

  1. Love the musical and beautiful BG! Cute Merry Christmas creation with the addition os a pretty ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fun and very cute too! I like the idea of framing the words of the musical score. Brilliant idea!

    Thanks for taking part in the February Rudolph Days Challenge. Good luck in the prize draw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! Love the simple look. So happy you joined our Rudolph Day challenge. Good luck in the prize draw.

    Hugs from Finland,
    Eemeli {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect musical score for this delightful image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good plan - I usually start in July thinking about what I want to do and the designs change until the end of November when I sit down and start making the cards.
    Your plan would be easier, everybody wouldn't get the same card (in case they compare) and you don't get burnt out doing assembly-line.
    Should try that but I know I won't. Good luck with staying with the plan.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever combination of backing paper and image for your card Susan. That really made me smile. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card. Love this fun image.
    Thank you for joining us at Rudolph Days Challnege. Good Luck.
    Hugs,
    Valerija - DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card - very clever design! Thanks for joining in the Rudolph Days February Challenge.
    Liz - DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Christmas card. Very interesting design. I like it. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 270 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great papers and image. Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge.
    Cindy Dt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.