Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Thursday 11 April 2019

Sometimes it's tough to get off the ground!

This is my second month as a member of
the Design Team at Oddball Art Stamps!

Oddball Art Stamps

Today I am hoping to inspire you with a twisted easel card using the image
 Chubby Panda with fairy wings #509, coloured with Copics and fussy cut.


I started by making my backgrounds. I used a distress resist technique using a clear shoe polish through a stencil on watercolour paper. I then dabbed this in spritzed distress inks on my craft mat and allowed it to dry.

When dry, I cut two strips from this background to attach to the base and easel of a twisted easel card. I distressed around the edges of these with 'seedless preserves'distress ink.

The front of the card looks like this, comprising several layers - a square of white card, a square of purple card, the background, then the sentiment which came with the Panda image. I used a Hero Arts stamp to surround the sentiment, stamped with the 'seedless preserves' ink and cut it out with a matching die. I placed this on more purple card and added leafy ribbon down the side.




The base comprised of similar layers:



The Panda, placed on purple card, was placed on foam dimensionals.





Happy Crafting!






1 comment:

  1. How cute is this little guy! I know how he feels sometimes too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.