Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Monday 20 January 2020

Leigh SB's 5th Annual Poe Appreciation Day Blog Hop - Day 1





2020 POE BLOG HOP

This is Leigh's 5th Annual Poe Appreciation Day Blog Hop.
It starts on January 19 at 9am PST and is a progressive hop spanning over 5 days.
Sign up not required...

simply join the hop at any time before 5 to midnight PST on January 23 to join the fun!

Find more details here 

I am not sure how many new projects I will get done this year
 as this is the state of my craft room:

Image may contain: table and indoor



Everything packed up ready for the shippers on Thursday - we are on the move again...

Anyway - in this post I am sharing my January page from my Mixed Media Calendar...



You may remember versions from previous years:





The base is a burnt piece of plywood with flip over pages for each month - I have been making new pages for some years now!

This year's page starts with an MDF shape covered with purple card. I used 'Victorian Velvet' Distress Ink around all edges.
 To this I added a square of Ike's free Poe Raven paper, cut with a stitched square die.
Next I added the images - Ike's Poe Raven freebie, Teri Sherman's tombstone (Delicious Doodles) and- of course - Leigh's Oddleigh Edgar Allan Poe coloured with Copics and cut out.



This time I added the page with a scrap of grey ribbon rather than the metal rings.
I printed a calendar page and added this on a rectangle of the purple card, distressed with 'Victorian Velvet'.




I will add this post to the linky!

Happy Crafting!



7 comments:

  1. Oooooo - LUV this a lot. Really gorgeous. :-) Moving again ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE revisiting POE! Great calendar pages. Love Leigh's Oddleigh Edgar Allan Poe. I need to use him this week. I so dread ever moving my craft room. Happy Poe DAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Poe Day....fabulous calendar pages!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting made you have there. I just got a new craft desk and trying to organize my new craft space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the plywood backing for your calendar! It makes your fabulous Poe features look right at home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Poe Appreciate Day, delighted to have you joining in on the fun again this year! POE-tastic calendar page & love seeing the past pages again too! Thanks for using my Oddleigh Poe, he’s quite pleased me thinks! Good luck with your move!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous calendar.. Love the overall design. I am sure you will get your room set up in no time and be crafting alot real soon..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.